Backstage with Gig Performer episode on 5/25/23

Thanks to everyone who watched live or after the fact my appearance on Back stage with Gig Performer (link below). During the event there was a request to provide a copy of the diagram I showed of my setup, so I have provided it here along with some pictures of my interfaces.

6 Likes

Thanks…great episode!

This was an excellent episode. Thanks for sharing the diagram and the additional photos. I didn’t want to take up time on the live stream with a non-GP question, but I would like to ask, with having everything at-the-ready, how are you managing the power and providing power protection to your gear?

Thanks so much for watching and your questions. I hope this response answers your question.

1. When I had my basement finished I asked the electrician to make sure all the outlets were on the same circuit and were all on a common ground, and that the circuit was not used in any other room.
  2. All of my hardware is connected to one of 5 Black Lion PG-1’ or PG-X’s
  3. Modern synths use very little power, a 20A circuit in the US can provide about 2KW of power. I’m not using anything close to that, maybe 400-500W total, and I only leave Analog gear on all the time for stability.
  4. I have yet to encounter a ground loop problem, though a few pieces of great that can be powered by USB have noise on the output. In those cases I ended up powering them via DC Adapter instead.
  5. Make absolutely sure if your instrument has a balanced output use it. Some manufacturers are not good about indicating if their output is TS or TRS, but the internet generally holds the answer

So far the noise floor with everything running is very low. I’ll be creating some more in depth walk throughs of the studio shortly to describe how it’s all connected.

If you have other questions hoot me a question here or via email: jeremyunomusic@gmail.com

Karl “Jeremy Uno” Treier

4 Likes

This is great info, and very helpful. Looking forward to your future walk-throughs.
Thank you again.

1 Like