Backing tracks with looping

I’m new to GP and it looks like a great program and would like to buy it but i don’t see how to use it for backing tracks.
I want to be able to loop sections of a song indefinitely until I hit a control knob (footswitch) causing the current loop to finish and then continue to the next song section. This allows me to improvise for an undermined number of loops and then go on the next song section when I want to continue.
The problem is that audio file player seems to force all lanes to be equal length. So, if the lane you want to loop on is shorter than the master lane there is big gap of silence until the loops starts over again. No Bueno.
I thought about setting up multiple audio file players in the rack, one for each song section and switching to the next audio player when changing to the next song part. Is that possible?
Are there other plugins besides the built in one for playing audio files?

For this use case I am using Ableton Live beside Gig Performer.
With a little scripting and OSC messages I am totally free what to do.

In your use case multiple Audio Players are an option.
With widgets you can start/stop lanes in different Audio Players.

I came across this (vstPlayer – Mirax Labs) recently but I haven’t tried it myself so can’t say how good (or not) it is.

It’s good to know there are options. I would like to try multiple Audio Players. Can you point me to example songs that instantly (on beat) switch between them? Thanks!

Let me think :wink:

I checked out Mirax Lab’s vst plugin and it looks like it might be a good solution. Thanks!

And as an alternative you can check this thread:

Audio file player sync to bar

Please let us know – it seems to be very inexpensive

You can try this also:

Just load your audio files in the 1st 3 lanes.
The left green buttons activate a lane and the widget on the right side starts from the beginning.
Just press global play and press one of the green buttons.
The selected lane should start from the beginning exactly with the next beat.
With the rigth button you can manually start the active selected lane from the beinning.

AP.gig (9.3 KB)

1 Like