Background colour in text box crashes GP 4

I’ve been trying to brighten my panels screen by changing background colours in the text box. GP V4 hangs and needs to be cancelled. Is this a known issue?

This should not happen at all…
Can you try to first save the gig file, close it and re-open it and then try again to change the color.
Maybe it is an older file-version which first has to get “updated” by the actual V4 to be fully compatible.
Just a guess…

I tried two or three in a set then saved. It worked that way. Now, if I could change the text colour (sigh).

1 Like

Nope.

I have the same issue.

I tried with 3 instances of a shape. Cant change the fill or outline color. Crashes immediately.

What did you do, so I could reproduce?

You can take a fresh rach, edit, add a shape…

Now highlight the shape and click on “fill color” or “outline color”. It crashes immediately.

I played around with compatability settings, and dpi scaling on the main executable. That didnt see to fix anything.

I can change colors of the entire rack and it doesnt crash. It only seemd to be the shape widget.

I can also start a new gig and use a template and the ones already created come in fine, but if I try to change their colors it crashes.

On Mac no crash.
What version are you using?

Windows… on WIndows 11.

I meant Gig Performer

Have you tried changing the rendering mode of the graphics engine in the Options/Display window?
GPU issues are not yet fixed in W11, so this might be the problem… or not.

1 Like

Bummer… Just changed the rendering to OpenGL and that did not fix it.

Since I was the OP last year, I want to report that this is no longer a problem for me. New computer, fresh Windows install, etc etc. Not sure, but all works well now.

1 Like

Is this a Plugin Alliance edition?

Sometimes, Windows just “plays up a bit” and little niggly things don’t work right. In the past, I’ve tried the system restore feature in Window. That can often set things right again. Other times, I will reinstall a drive image taken when Windows was new. This situation sounds like a Windows issue to me.

1 Like

This is not an issue with GP. You have some issues with your system/graphics. Please update your system and graphic drivers. We tested this on Windows 10 and 11. It’s a basic function and if it was failing everyone would notice immediately;y.

1 Like