Automation issue: Arturia REV Spring-636

I tried to use the “kick” parameter of Arturia’s Rev Spring-636 plugin…
This will make a very special sound, like you would kick the (hardware) reverb case and the springs would then crash against each other… in this plugin you can trigger this sound by clicking on the little metal plate in the lower right corner of the plugin’s UI.
Ths is also available as a parameter, which also can be learned to a button widget…
But pressing this button widget won’t trigger the parameter although everything is learned and connected properly… maybe i do something wrong, but i can’t tell what this could be.
Maybe some of you, who also own this plugin can test if they encounter the same issue?
Or maybe, someone can tell me how to make this parameter work?

I run GP4 on Windows 10, and i had this issue with the VST2 and the VST3 version of the plugin.

Thank you for any advice or support on this.
(I also wrote to Arturia already… looking forward for their answer)
Cheers!
Erik

I encounter the same issue as you, with both VST2 and VST3. If you manually trigger the sound in the plugin window, the widget assigned to the Kick It! parameter toggles on and off, but if you try and toggle that widget, there is no effect from the plugin.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the effect also won’t trigger in Reaper. I believe it’s Arturia’s problem.

1 Like

Thank you so much for testing that! :beers:

1 Like

I got an answer from the support team:
You have to run the playhead, then it workssomehow.
Strangely the “Kick” is triggered on both parameter events ON and OFF, so using a momentary widget will result in a “double strike” with each use… don’t know if this is intended.
Otherwise why should it be necessary to have the playhead running to get this effect?
This all is a little “misterious” to me…

1 Like

On Mac this works via widget without playhead running (tested VST3). Can’t say I’d ever use it though!