Audio & MIDI Puzzle

I opened up GP today and selected a program that has Blue3 as its only plugin. I quickly discovered that there was no audio. A check of my audio setup confirmed that my Radial KL-8 was indeed selected. I opened up Blue3 and directly clicking on the keys, with the same results. I then started playing keys on the controller connected to it and I noticed that the key presses on my controller were not showing up in Blue3 either. MIDI Monitor confirms that key on/off from my controller is being received. Also, to add to the confusion, Expression pedal, Leslie speed, vibrato/chorus and percussion is being received by Blue3. I’m very confused…
Mark

Did something change on that computer? An update perhaps?
What happens if you double-click on the panic icon in gig Performer (which will reset the audio engine)?
Also, did you try quitting and restarting?

Did the MIDI channel of that controller change by mistake?

I had to completely restart my laptop to get things working again. Very strange behavior that I’m having growing concerns about with GP in a live performance again…

How long has GP been working for you without any issues?

My experiences have been very spotty so far. It’s been frustrating because I really am excited about using it in my performances more. In my studio, I can bring up GP and on many occasions, I can experience some rather odd issues that are fairly random. My hardware connections remain the same and I can fire up GP and get no audio until I disconnect and reconnect a USB cable. Then there are times when everything works as brilliantly as it’s supposed to and I fall in love all over again with GP. I profess to be a struggling novice with it yet, but it’s been really difficult filtering out what is simply user confusion & error and what’s going on under the hood that’s out of my control. Everybody has been really great in responding to my distress calls here, but I find myself sometimes in a state of anxiety before a rehearsal or a gig that I wish would not be there.
What I really wish I could do was find someone in the greater Seattle area whom I could pay to be my tutor. If anyone is interested, I’d be a very grateful student.

Happy to help, where I can. I’m using GP exclusively live now.
Give me a shout through my coaching website:

www.originalvoice.coach

or directly at: originalvoicecoaching@gmail.com

cheers, Trey

Hi Trey,
Thanks for your prompt response!
I have tried multiple times sending you emails from Outlook and Gmail and I keep getting them kicked back saying the email account does not exist.
Can you please send me email at m.zyla@frontier.com? I’ll then resend you my initial email.
Thx!

@musicbysterling

I just noticed that Trey mistyped his email address – I corrected the error so please try reaching out to him again.

Is the amended email in his original post?

He amended it there. It was missing the first ‘i’ in ‘original’.

I tried a few iterations and successfully got thru to Trey and he’s replied to me.
Thanks all!
Mark

1 Like