Audio Interface Randomly Disconnects when Gig Performer 4.5.8 is running on Windows 10 22H2

I’m running into a significant issue with Gig Performer 4.5.8.

For the record, if I connect either my Behringer FCA1616 or my Behringer FCA610, and do not launch Gig Performer 4.5.8, the interfaces will work for days at a time. In fact, it never runs into issues with the Audio Interface disconnecting. However, once Gig Performer 4.5.8 is launched, it seems like about every 15 to 30 minutes, the midi light will flicker on the interface. The audio produces a popping sound. Then I get the red screen over Gig Performer telling me to reconnect the Audio Interface because it had disconnected. For the record, nothing has been disconnected. I’ve even tried multiple USB cables.

I had to use Gig Performer live on Friday night and had to reset the device about 7 times during the show. Thankfully I had my Yamaha XF8 and was able to bring up a patch on that keyboard.

The problem is that I have a fly date coming up the first weekend of March and I HAVE to figure out what is causing this issue. Even if that includes doing some kind of paid support.

For the record. I’m using the Roland Cloud exclusively. I’m using the 64bit plug-ins per what Gig Performer has requested.

The crazy thing is last year, I used This identical rig a year ago using Gig Performer 3, and it worked flawlessly for me.

I’m really in the middle of a jam here guys. I was starting to think it was an issue with my FCA1616 interface, but when I used the FCA610 and it did the exact same thing, then I’m positive it’s not my hardware. Especially since the interfaces don’t drop when Gig Performer isn’t running.

I’m going to go ahead and test Gig Performer 3 again and see if this same thing happens.

I’m also going to turn off all the plug ins and see if that might help me weed out a bad soft synth.

Any suggestions on what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Gibson
Nashville, TN

Hm… There plenty of examples with these interfaces with the connect/disconnect issue; one example is here: https://community.musictribe.com/discussion/solutions/18/0/181130/fca610-fca1616-windows-10-disconnections

I’d try different versions of drivers.

I’m going to try reinstalling the drivers. But like I mentioned before, when gig performer isn’t running and I’m using Reaper for tracks. Absolutely zero issues.

Never seen the musictribe forum before. Good info to have.

Hm… According to Reaper’s forum, it will disconnect sooner or later.

“Also, Reaper occasionally disconnects from my aging Behringer FCA 1616, which I have connected via usb. Shutting it off and turning it on will solve that”

Source: Project rendering sometimes is massively distorted - Cockos Incorporated Forums

I’ve used it for live tracks with Reaper for over a year and a half and not once has it dropped like it does when I was using GP4.5.8 over the last 2 weeks.

It also doesn’t answer why GP3 worked flawlessly with it when I used it live last year.

Unfortunately having my entire environment go down live during a song makes for a serious problem.

Does it still work flawless with GP 3?

I was wondering whether it was an issue with a hub or a powered hub

Does it still work flawless with GP 3?

I’m hoping to have an answer on that ASAP!

I was wondering whether it was an issue with a hub or a powered hub

No hubs being used. Just straight from the interface to the computer.

Hm… According to Reaper’s forum, it will disconnect sooner or later.

“Also, Reaper occasionally disconnects from my aging Behringer FCA 1616, which I have connected via usb. Shutting it off and turning it on will solve that”

Source: Project rendering sometimes is massively distorted - Cockos Incorporated Forums

To clarify. I only use Reaper to play back tracks live on stage. We are recording them professionally at one of our studios. So I’m not sure I’ve had the opportunity to run into that issue the way I use it.

If I understand you correctly, then you were comparing apples to oranges when noting that it worked fine with Reaper but not with Gig Performer?

I would try a reputable powered hub

If for sure your Audio Interface is enough powered, I have got only one suggestion, but for sure you won’t like it: change your audio interface for a brand with rock solid drivers :grimacing:

Actually if that’s got to be done, then I will not think twice about replacing it. However, I will test with GP3 again to see if that is crashing like 4 is.

Suggestions on audio interfaces that are currently supported on the market with rock solid drivers? :slight_smile:

You won’t be happy there either (the price difference with BEHRINGER being enormous)… but, if you really want to be safe: RME

But, other users have had good experiences with audio interfaces like MOTU M4.

But no other brand will offer you as many inputs/outputs at such a low price as BEHRINGER.

1 Like

RME are very good

MOTU and Audient Interfaces are cool. For example, this Gig Performer user uses Audient ID4

MOTU M4 has been very solid for me, and not too expensive compared to RME

1 Like

You may want to try a different USB port on your computer. The contacts in the ports can and will eventually wear from inserting USB cables over time. One more reason to use a quality powered USB hub.
Much easier to replace a USB hub than a USB port on a laptop.

1 Like

Yes, but this depend on how much inputs/outputs he really needs. With most RME you can have a larger number of inputs/outputs. But indeed the quality has a price… :grimacing:

I’m using a FocusRite Scarlett 2i4. This one works great (never disconnects, only pops/clicks when CPU is over about 80%).

When using Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD and UMC404HD, also never got disconnects here, but pops/clicks even at lower CPU percentages.

Not sure what exact Windows version is installed though.