Audio files player-incorrect BPM with MP3, some wavs?

Hi. Posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue- I use audio file player to run samples in songs and trigger/mute/unmute them. Before gigperformer I had created a setup for this, but used MP3 files instead of WAVs to keep drive, CPU and RAM costs as low as possible.

If I try to import MP3 files, or even WAV files that aren’t 44.1 16 bit (i.e. 48/24, etc) GP misinterprets their length, which throws off the BPM and makes any other loaded samples wrong as well.

I’ve tried looking in the MP3 properties for something that might indicate tempo, but haven’t found anything, and a google search and a search of this forum yielded no results, so I’m curious if anyone else has had this problem, or if it’s just me.

And if it’s just me, what the heck does that mean?

Hi @MacRatchet, if you post a sample of you mp3 file, somebody else could perhaps try.

I understand your frustration, but if it is a compatibility issue, would it be a big problem for you to convert the files to 16bit, 44.1kHz? If it can work for you, I would personally prefer that the devs concentrate on the evolution of GP than on extending the support for more audio files in the audio file player. But, I understand your concern. :wink:

Just convert them to 44.1k. Lots of tools to do that, often free, batch conversion to make it easy if you have lots of samples.

1 Like

Will do in the future. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Since most of my sessions are 48Khz natively I usually bounce to that vs 44.1. Am used to thinking of Wavs as 44.1/16 because of CD’s. Not used to thinking of MP3’s that way.

And Thanks, BTW!

ffmpeg is the swiss army knife (and it is free), although there is some learning curve

1 Like