Associating multiple song parts to variations

I didn’t find any post related to the possibility to affect a variation to a song part mutiple time without beeing obliged to close then reopen the windows in GP (Ctrl+j).

So i am considering to write an extension that will show up a special dialog box to achieve that.

Maybe this function already exists?

I have to admit I am slightly confused what this is trying to achieve? This just looks like the normal workflow that is in GP for assigning a variation to a song part?

If I understand you right, I do this as a matter of course. You associate any song part with any variation.

(AND the bonus is you can use snapshots to tweak/control within each song part.)

So sorry for my bad english since i’m lttle franchie but i try to make it clearer…

Pseudo code in my process for creating a gig set:

• load or create a list of songs
    • for each song in this list
      • define song parts
        - for each part in this song
        • define or select a rack
        • in this rack: select or define a variation
          • link song part <----> variation whith their ID
          • store the link
      • end for each part
    • end for each song
      end

So lthe extension will:

• Shows a dialog box that
    • loads an existing song list (or create an empty one)

REPEAT
If a song list name is selected:
→ lists all the songs of the song list (or create and empty song)

• then when a song name is selected
    → lists all the son parts of this song

• then lists all the racks existing in the current gigfile

• then when a rack is selected

• lists all the variations of the selectd rack

• hilights the variation if a link already exists between the song part and a variation

• if a song part is selected AND a variation is selected, enable button OK

• button OK is pressed store the link between (in) the song part and the currently selected variation.
    returns to [A]
    UNTIL Close button is pressend

Sorry, I am not following what you are trying to do. Maybe write it in French and use a translation app?

Are you trying to find a quick way to get to the specific rackspace variation you used in a specific song part without going into the song?

Jeff

For a list of titles, I want to be able to associate a variation with each part of each song without having to close the window provided for this operation each time.

By exemple, if you look my picture above, i want to select

-1) a set list (JJ Cale). This gives the list of all the songs (rectangle “songs”).

-2) from this list i can select a song (or create a new one). In my exemple i select the song “Call me the breeze” which consists in 4 parts for me as a guitar player intro-verse-chorus-outro. These parts are listed in rectangle “parts”. I select by exemple the part “solo”.

-3) all the racks of the Gigfile are listed in thé rectangle"racks" (I gave the name if différents plugins for guitar for each rack), i select one of them “TH-U” in my exemple. This brings all the variations of this rack in the rectangle “variation”. I gave the name if every preset i choose to each variations that i have defined in wired mode

-4) This allows me to build a link: “Call me the breeze”- part “solo”- rack TH-U-preset américain pop music. I register this link by clicking ok.

1. I continue the same operation for another parts WITHOUT having to close the windows.
    1. When all the parts if every song are linked i can close the windows.

The befenits: i save time in opening/closing the window opened with the ctrl-j command

By exemple, if you look my picture above, i want to select

-1) a set list (JJ Cale). This gives the list of all the songs (rectangle “songs”).

Okay, you can already do this within the Setlist

-2) from this list i can select a song (or create a new one). In my exemple i select the song “Call me the breeze” which consists in 4 parts for me as a guitar player intro-verse-chorus-outro. These parts are listed in rectangle “parts”. I select by exemple the part “solo”.

Okay, you can already do this within the Setlist

-3) all the racks of the Gigfile are listed in thé rectangle"racks" (I gave the name if différents plugins for guitar for each rack), i select one of them “TH-U” in my exemple. This brings all the variations of this rack in the rectangle “variation”. I gave the name if every preset i choose to each variations that i have defined in wired mode

Okay, you can already do this within the Setlist. I think on the bottom it will other variations aside from the one that is associated with the specified song part

-4) This allows me to build a link: “Call me the breeze”- part “solo”- rack TH-U-preset américain pop music. I register this link by clicking ok.

Okay, I think you can already do this within the Setlist

I continue the same operation for another parts WITHOUT having to close the windows.
    When all the parts if every song are linked i can close the windows.

The befenits: i save time in opening/closing the window opened with the ctrl-j command

What window you want to avoid opening and closing? All of this would be done within the setlist.

In this video, i’m obliged to open/close a dialog to establish a link between ech part of a song.
I have a set list song with 45 songs with 4 variations each and 45 racks (each has 4 variations: intro (primary set up and runing the gear: BeatBuddy for me) -verse (soung guitar average volume- solo part (booster)- outro (cleaning everything before going to the next song)).

So i have to link each part to each variation.

It’s annoying to open/close the video as shown in the following video. A better solution wuld resid in a dialog allowing to manage it in batch.

Why don’t you click on a variation in the rackspace selection to assign a variation to the song part?

When this comes up, I go the song part (maybe I create it or rename it) and just scroll within the Rackspace Section to find the rackspace variation I want to associate with it. Then you can select it and “lock it” to the song part. Does that help?

[Actually in some cases I know I already created a rackspace variation that will work perfectly in a song part. I can usually remember the Song it is from. So, I usually find that prior Song to confirm the rackspace number. Then I go back in the new Song and find that rackspace variation and select it (and maybe lock it tot the song part].

Really, when you go back into that song part it is not associated with the rackspace variation you selected?