Assign Expression-Pedal to other Midi-Ins

Question: Is there a way to assign the Expression-Pedal of a certain Midi-Input Device to other/all available midi-Inputs on all Channels?

Reason: I use Expression CC07 on my 88 key Controller a lot to Fade In/Out different sounds on the fly. But I use it not only for sounds I play on the 88 key Controller but also for Sounds played on the seperate 61 key Controller.
So for now I use a Widget or add the 88 key Midi in to the VSTi (which I play only on the 61 key) blocking everything but Volume.

So I get things working like I need it, but it would be super easy for me if I could assign the Expression to everything and then just decide by blocking the “Volume” if I need it or not.

You could create a widget and learn your Midi Message.
Then map it to the Midi In and assign your desired CC Message
Then create a 2nd widget, give it the same group as for the 1st Widget
and map it to another Midi In and assign your desired CC Message.

I think that can work.

Ok thanks.
But that´s even more complicated than the way I do right now.

Another option could be scripting :wink:

That´s what I thought :laughing:
I think I need to get some programming lessons and dig deeper into that in future :wink:

You can try this little script.
In the Rackspace 2 MIDI In blocks are defined and do have the Handle MIN_A and MIN_B

var MIN_A : MidiInBlock
    MIN_B : MidiInBlock

On ControlChangeEvent(CC : ControlChangeMessage) matching 7 from MIN_A
 SendNow(MIN_A, CC)
 SendNow(MIN_B, CC)
end
1 Like

Thanks
I will check later

PP
Have you got a gig file with that already programmed ?
Cheers

Great support from you, as always. :smiley:
The script is working perfectly :+1:

Many thanks

Please find an almost empty rackspace incl. the script attached Exp_Script.rackspace (5.7 KB)
Not sure if this will work for you. If not please follow these steps:

1. Right click on first Midi-In; OSC/GPScript Handle-> Set Handle ; Write “MIN_A”; Click OK
  2. Right click on first Midi-In; OSC/GPScript Handle; Click “GPScript enabled”
  3. Right click on second Midi-In; OSC/GPScript Handle-> Set Handle ; Write “MIN_B”; Click OK
  4. Right click on second Midi-In; OSC/GPScript Handle; Click “GPScript enabled”
  5. Open script Editor (STRG+SHIFT+2) ;copy the script text into it; Click compile
1 Like