Arturia Spark 2 and Nektar Pacer

Anyone using Spark 2? I purchased it, looking for the idea virtual drum machine I can trigger from my Nektar Pacer. I’m in the thick of trying to get this set up, and I’m wondering if anyone has already done so and has some recommendations. I was using Breaktweaker, and that was going well because a single press of the pedal will toggle a Breaktweaker pattern off or on, or a press of a different pedal can immediately switch to a different pattern, but you can press it a second time to toggle the pattern off altogether. But with Spark 2, the Play function is a separate button altogether. I can assign a pedal to both hit Play and select a pattern, but then when I go to select a different pedal, if I configure it the same way, it toggles the Play button off. Does this make sense? I’m just wondering if there is a better way.

I’m using an iPad with a bluetooth pedal to trigger my drum VST. The drum vst responds to note messages sent from the iPad using OnSong to trigger the fils, chorus/verse changes etc. I can give you more details if you think this is something that you are interested in trying.