Arturia Piano V3 and the "Saved State"

I am having an issue with the velocity curve of in the Arturia Piano V3 and the “saved state”.

I definitely need to modify their curve (on my weighted keyboard, I need a much higher velocity note to be triggered for moderate key strikes. This is probably because my piano keyboard is more heavily weighted than their default (?))

So, I can modify the curve so it works pretty well and I found/tweaked a sound that I am comfortable with.

But, when I open up a gig file and play, it seems like it is resetting to a curve so I barely get any velocity no matter how hard I hit the key. It seems no default to something other than the saved state.

[Arturia said they are aware of the bug and are working on it]

So, what do you think of the option of saving a preset in the plug-in itself? Pitfalls to be aware of?

I figured I would get some input here (while I am at work and unable to try it) before trying this option.

Thanks,

Jeff

So, why don’t you use the curve in the GP MIDI in block ?

4 Likes

Wow, that’s why I post here! Let me explore that.

Thx!

Jeff

So, in the event anyone one else runs into this issue, David-san (once again!) saved me.

Up to now I (almost) exclusively used the internal piano sounds in my PX350 (digital piano) when I wanted a piano. But using pianos within GP offers a lot more flexibility (splits, speed of switching between songs, etc.). So, I am glad to have this option. (I love my Sampletekk sampled piano, but it may be a bit less flexible (?) and it uses a lot of ram and was trying to avoid dropping even more $$ on Pianoteq).

So, I went into the V3 “resources file” and deleted the user velocity curve I had created. I believe in this case, Piano V3 reverts to the default velocity curve,

Then (as David suggested) I just worked with the velocity curve in the Midi In Block to get it to respond in a way that works for me/my controller.

I have opened and closed the Gig file a few times. It looks like this fixed the problem. In the future I will probably just copy/paste this Midi In Block when I use Piano V3.

Thanks again for this group!

PS: For what its worth, out of the Piano V3 options, the German Grand seems to best for me (at least for non-uprights). The others sound more metallic (a bit synthetic) and less woody. The woodiness of the German Grand makes it to most realistic and usable to my ears (at least as of now, hah!). Then I increased the brightness a bit.

Save the MIDI In block and the Arturia Piano V3 wired together as a Favourite and recall it from the Insert Plugin pop-up list (it’ll be in the Favorites sub menu) when you need it.

3 Likes

You can select this MIDI in block without your custom curve and right click on it to make it a favorite (you can even include the Piano V3 plugin in the favorite). This way you can simply include your favorite in any other Rackspace.

EDIT: @DaveBoulden was quicker than me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes