Arturia FX2 VST3 plugins crash GP

Can’t tell you how happy I was back in my working days when I was promoted out of coding into systems design. Don’t miss it. I don’t even like to write Excel macros anymore.

1 Like

Thank you for the lesson, but I have worked in software development for 37 years, as a programmer, architect and CTO. I have developed very complex systems, I have lead development teams of 50+, and I have developed systems used by millions of users. I understand the Agile development process and how short or long a time it can take to fix a bug (Hotfix can be done in 1, 2 week sprint), and clearly we are at the mercy of Arturia. I’ll be sure to drop them a note about the issue. Upgrades that fix bugs that that have caused a system to not behave as advertised should not cost anything, features that add functionality, add value and warrant payment.

1 Like

Hotfix can be done in 1, 2 week sprint

Interesting:
If I would know how Long it takes for a hotfix,
I would know about the bug and would Not even make the bug before.

I believe that you Made a Software for millions of Users, but in the Live Musician world the environments they use the Software can be totally different.
And I am sure Arturia tested as hell in DAW environments.
Gig Performer requires More than a DAW that a Plugin is Coded very and Takes care of the VST Standard.

1 Like

Calm down. I’m not criticizing GP. I love their product. The fault is obviously with Arturia (whose products I love too, but they have a large catalog now), but.

If a bug so large that it cannot be fixed in one sprint makes it into production then the original QA by Arturia is suspect. Maybe certification on GP is not part of their test suite. The plugins work in other DAW’s. Maybe this is a good opportunity for them to add certification on GP4.

I architected a product similar to TikTok. Used by 45M users every day. Trust me they got very unhappy if it did not work as expected.

I have filed a ticket with Arturia and I’d suggest all GP4 users experiencing the same issue do so also, so it moves up in the prioritization.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I also find the same problem on the efx of arturia, this on Windows 10.
It seems to me that the problem is due to the time with which the plugin is loaded in memory, probably on gig performer there is a timeout so if it clicks it invokes the error on the MSVCP140.dll.
Setting the plugin loading with delay some plugins do not always open.
The crash is present on both the 3 ch 4 version of gig.

I opened a report to support today and wait to see what they reply to me.
Since the efx sound very good I hope they resolve quickly, even if I have some doubts by now :roll_eyes:

Did you contact Arturia?

Yes, I have opened a ticket.

However, I am finding that there is not only a problem opening the plugin, but also in use, so the problem could be much more serious :confounded:

They should know about that, but the more feedback about crashed they get….

This does bring up an interesting question. Does Gig Performer have a suite of automated regression tests or does the application have to go through a manual QA process?

I am sure the devs have such tests.
But what should that help when a plugin crashes?
Do you think the devs have to regression test each plugin?
That must be done by the plugin developers.

I replied to the opening email tk by attaching event log files and a gig project which highlights that, even if the plugin has been loaded and saved in the project, Gig performer then crashes when I try to open the project.
We hope well

As i have all Arturia stuff, can you upload a small gig file which faces the issue?
I could check on my Mac.

sure, go ahead

i hope the gig file format is the same, because i only have pc with windows

As the Gig file is pure XML Format, this is compatible.

I wait for your gig file :smiley:

I am waiting for yours :wink:

I asked you if you can upload such a gig file.

1 Like

test_arturia_efx3.gig (38.5 KB)
Sorry I had misunderstood …

this test_arturia_efx3.gig file sometimes opens sometimes not
this test_arturia_efx2.gig file no longer openstest_arturia_efx2.gig (63.6 KB)

… as not mentioned now test_arturia_efx2.gig has opened :persevere:

Crashes with test_arturia_efx3.gig clearly come from plugin crashes.
I can see it in the crash log on my MAC, clearly indicates Arturia.

1 Like

So for now do not use VST3 version.

1 Like