Arturia augmented-strings-intro-gift

4 Likes

Several users find the cpu load excessive.
I’ve been trying to download it for 48 hours but every attempt fails after about 20 minutes of downloading.
Has anyone tried it in GP? If the cpu load is really high I’d rather give up.

No luck here also…

Other forums are talking about a website overload of users trying to download…I haven’t had any luck either.

Ok, downloaded and installed.
The cpu load is huge for me: 40% on the first preset without changing anything.
For another rackspace that I voluntarily “inflated” to compare, and playing on a midi keyboard plus my guitar whose output is in audio and also converted and played in midi, I hardly reach half of cpu load.

1 Like

It sounds good but the CPU load is a problem. Augmented Strings=augmented CPU. It’s worse when the plug-in’s GUI is open.

1 Like

I had no trouble downloading and installing, but when I opened the opened it outside of GP, it was basically unusable-cracks pops, etc., using the same audio interface settings that I use for everything else.

When used in GP, it definitely improved but as as noted, having the GUI open seems to make it far worse. Some patches are worse than others. I think there will be some useable ones but I’ve been disappointed that the CPU load was so high.

They do sound good though if you have enough CPU power to run it.

Just found this from Arturia.

I’ll be trying this out tonight.

1 Like

Just tried it out and the strings emulation sounds quiet good, but:

• the impact on the cpu is very high
  • for the pads and synths there are enough other plugins that can do this job
  • 3 gb data :open_mouth:

So nothing really to need or really impressive for me.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly…

I like the sounds. But I cannot program sound features. You can only browse presets to find what you need. Too time consuming, I won’t use it in my racks

2 Likes