Are there already any gestureS for midi events built in somewhere?

That would be amazing…I could just plug my old code in…voila…all of it back
Ah so much better for using live

Thanks…a huge amount…owe you a beer…if it works…even though I dont drink

BUT I only want a midi plugin…will give it a go

1 Like

Hehe…I write for them but using gesturing and psychology stuff
All the gesturing is in firmware/hardware though; ie not in the remote scripts

MaxMSP works awesomely well with GP and in fact that was one of the requirements when we first developed the product as I had hundreds of abstractions created with MaxMSP that I used for MIDI processing with several of bands. To this day, I still use Max (currently version 8) with Gig Performer in two of my bands.

Sending OSC messages is not IPC.

No doubt you have had a bit of time to get that all going well hehe
I would love to minimise and have just one host in this application with just ableton link if needed…if pd works simply then I have behavioural code that would be amazing to be able to use again

Just love doing music and have spent too much of my life making the tools…simple, minimal and right brain…which is what gestures do for me anyway

I cut my teeth on early Amiga/Arexx where each program (usually) came with an Arexx port and a list of commands/messages etc…was amazing…the devs called it IPC back then but I guess osc so I have some siltation about that…I suppose these days its viewed more as just inter application comms
It had a masthead so it was more IPC then…

Yes, but you asked about PD, etc, earlier

Because as using my old PD stuff in a plugin format inside GP is the bomb!
Actually I just want my midi input behaviour modules…thats all…Im easily pleased :smile:

https://puredata.info/docs/HowToInstallPdVst/

I did try that a while back now in Live but I coudnt get it going for pure midi progs… @rank13 has a working example above so that gives me new hope.