Archetype Plini - Neural DSP - delayed sounds not operating properly in GP

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been using GP for a few months and continue to experience what sounds like a glitch or audio artifact with only one particular Neural DSP plugin - the Archetype Plini plugin.

My setup is pretty straight forward. I am using a MacBook Air (m1) with MacOS 12.6, a Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 3rd gen. My GP file uses one Neural DSP plugin in each rack. I am not using the global rack spaces or any other plugins/routing.

After a couple of seconds using the Plini plugin, the sound continues to repeat well beyond what it should given the delay settings (the delay in the plugin). The repeats are also spaced very far apart - much farther than what they should with the delay setting. I do not have this issue when using the Plini plugin in Logic with the same preset or when using the standalone version of Architype Plini with the same plugin. The other Neural DSP plugins I have in other racks in the same file behave properly.

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced this issue or another similar one. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks very much!
Q-no

Can you upload that rackspace?
I would like to try it on my system…

Yes, certainly - and thanks for helping. I’ve attached the GP file. I am also uploading two audio files to illustrate the issue. The first was made using the Plini Plugin in Logic (sounds as intended). The second was made using the Plini plugin in GP illustrating the audio artifacts. In both cases, I am using the Factory “Electric Sunrise Lead” patch. I am only playing the lick one time. You can hear how it keeps repeating in the GP recording.

Thanks!

Kevin Gig 2.gig (32.7 KB)

Apologies, my interface is an 8i6. Thanks again.

Here is the rackspace exported.
Plini rackspace.rackspace (4.5 KB)

Hi Kevin,
i am just about to try your gig file… first thing i noticed:
You are using the .au version of the plugin, which i don’t use since i’m a Windows user.
Please try to use one of the other plugin formats like VST or VST3.
It is very often that a plugin shows a buggy behaviour in one format, while the others might work quite well.
So the only thing i can do: I will replace the au version with the vst/3 versions and will see if i can notice that effect you described…

EDIT: As i thought, both versions VST and VST3 sond absolutely normal.
So either your issue is based on the plugins’s format (au) or it might be a Mac specific problem.
BTW: My soundinterface is also a Scarlett (Solo), i don’t think that this is the culprit.

2 Likes

Hi Erik,
Thanks very much. I will give that a try later tonight. I may need to reinstall the VST/VST3 versions. I believe I removed them a bit ago to save space on my system (not realizing there may be a difference in how the different formats would behave in hosts). Thanks again - really appreciate your help. I will report back when I have a chance to try this.
Best Regards,
Kevin

1 Like

In fact it is the au’s that often cause problems, and regarding interchangeabilty for gigfiles and rackspaces in the forums (for all the Windows users), the vst versions would also be the “better” choice.

BTW: Have you seen the panels for NDSP plugins you can download from our “community treasure vault”?
https://community.gigperformer.com/search?q=Neural%20DSP%20%23gig-and-rackspace-files

1 Like

On my MacBook M1 the scan failed with Neural DSPs Archetype Petrucci and Archetype Plini, for this two plugins I only have the AU format. Only Neural DSP Archetype Rabea has the VST and VST3 format in my GP.

And I think that I know the delayed sounds in Archetype Plini that Q-no describes.

1 Like

In trying to use the VST/VST3 plugins, I realized that none of the NDSP plugins were available in GP in VST/VST3 format - only as AU. I rescanned my plugins, and all NDSP VST/VST3 plugs continued to fail validation. I did not realize that the VST/VST3 plugs from NDSP were not M1 compatible? I ran GP using Rosetta, and all of the NDSP plugs passed validation. I then swapped out the AU Plini plugin in the rack for the VST version, and it does seem to be working properly after a brief test.

Thanks so much for your help Erik. I’ll certainly check out those NDSP panels!

Best regards,
Kevin

Uh, yeah — see the bottom of this article - Apple kinda pulled a sleazy one!

https://gigperformer.com/gig-performer-4-cant-find-or-use-plugins-on-the-new-mac-m1-processor/

1 Like

Per PlugInGuru John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl, Intel-only VSTs and VST3s can be loaded into Unify v1.9 - even with Unify running in native (non-Rosetta) mode. Unify converts and uses bridging technology developed by Shane Dunne (chief developer) to “do the impossible”.

This is Unify 1.9 - Real-Time Modulation is HERE! - YouTube (6:19 - 7:27)

Although I am currently running Unify 1.9.1, I can neither confirm nor deny the above, as I do not yet own an Apple Silicon (M1 or M2) machine. However, the YT depicts Native Instruments Absynth and FM8 (both Intel-only) being played in Unify in native (non-Rosetta) mode.