Any advantages using Rig Manager with a permanent rig?

I have my two controllers, which I use both at home and at gigs.

Apart from the rare occasion where you get a controller breakdown at a gig, and there is someone nearby with a spare controller, are there any advantages at all for me in utilising Rig Manager?

I am using different controllers live and in rehearsals.
So Rig manager saves a lot of time
AND: When you want to use a DAW to play your sounds (it simulates you) then the rig manager is a must.

AND: when you have to change some CC messages your controller sends, the rig manager is a huge time saver.

2 Likes

That’s of course when you send MIDI from the DAW?

Also, if you start set up your rackspaces with Rig Manager aliases from the very beginning, you will be able to keep using them all with no changes if you ever will buy a new keyboard.
No need to re-configure your MIDI-IN blocks or all the widget MIDI-assignments (those could be hundreds over some years - depending n how many rackspaces you’ve built).
So, best start to get used to use the Rig Manager - this might save you a lot of hassle!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s of course a big advantage in the future. I suppose I’ll go for it as soon as I don’t have an important gig in the near future :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, dealing with that rare case is one of the reasons to use the Rig Manager

Independently of that, it’s convenient to be able to have MIDI In blocks that are named

Upper and Lower rather than just the physical device names, for example

2 Likes

All good points. I’ll go for it as soon as I can.

1 Like