Amp Channel Widget?

I’m using the Mercurial Audio Euphoria (Superb by the way) which models the Bogner 3 channel Amp. There is a Green Channel, Blue and Red Channel. I tried to create widgets with the respective green, blue and red lights but am stumped how to do it.

They all point to the same parameter (Channel Selection). Green is -0-, Blue is 33.33 and Green is 66.67. I’m trying to figure out how to make the lights work with that where only one is on at the same time with no success.

Any ideas? Thanks

MM

For my understanding:
With a widget you can switch the channel,and now you want different led widgets to show the selected channel.

1 Like

Yes. there are three tones (Clean, Crunch and Lead) or (Green, Blue and Red) and only one can be on at one time. They all point to the same parameter in the Plug In (Channel Selection) but with different values (0 for clean, 33.33 for crunch and 66.67 for lead) I can’t figure out how to set the values of the LEDs so that only one is one at any given time.

I think scripting is your friend

1 Like

I’m sure it is. I just need to speak the friends language : )

This is based on a script created by one of the GP devs, so you know it works :slight_smile:
I’ve adapted it to work with Euphoria.
3-Position Parameter.gig (53.8 KB)

3PositionParameter

6 Likes

This is great @rank13 !

I also created one that works with the new Ampbox as Mercurial no longer provides separate plugins for their amps, but now have this new plugin. Works similarly as the above - the only difference is

• The parameter number is different obviously
  • I improved it a little by making it work bi-directionally so if you change the channel in the plugin directly - the widget will update as well.

Here’s the file: Mercurial Ambox 3CH.gig (55.6 KB)

Mercurial=Ampbox-CH-select

3 Likes

This is great @djogon and @rank13. I will try it today. And I do have the amp box version so great to know and hopefully looking at the two versions will help me better understand the scripting.

For you guitar players, the Mercurial stuff )especially Spark and Euphoria) is REALLY good though the effects (reverbs and delays are so so) . The beauty of Gig Performer is the ability to combine the best of each.

Thanks!

MM

1 Like

Hmmm… i’ve seen that last year, their products were on Black Friday sale from Dec 20th… i guess i’ll wait some more days and then give it a try.
@djogon and @rank13 : Did you prevent the widgets from getting switched OFF manually in your script? Say: What happens if one clicks on a LED that is already lit?
(I am not at my PC at the moment, but that’s something i often had to struggle with in my own scripts - that’s why i ask)

I already own the Nembrini BG Extasy which emulates the same Bogner amp.
I will download the Mercurial demo to compare the 2.

Otherwise, I read this warning in the Mercurial documentation:

“Some of our customers reported that Euphoria under-performs in Studio One and Ableton Live. Observations show that these DAWs do not offer optimal multi-threading experience, which is required to run our next-gen modeling engine”

Can this be relevant to Gig Performer?

No, I didn’t worry about that. It was just a quick solution.

1 Like

@Hermon it’s hard to say what this means

“Some of our customers reported that Euphoria under-performs in Studio One and Ableton Live”

In my tests - GP runs a little bit faster than other DAWs with this plugin, but that’s generally true - we manage to shave off a few % of the CPU usage, but other than that it’s hard to measure this unless we know what is “underperforming” and under what circumstances. I did notice an issue in other DAWs when you change the oversampling to say 8x but just for a brief period. Maybe that’s what they’re refering to. Did not see this in GP

1 Like

@djogon Interesting.

I was actually using the AU version of the plug in which was only 3 channel values (0,.333333,.666667) which is weird that they would have different values based on AU vs VST.

I changed those in the script but no luck. So that I learn, how does the script identify AmpBox versus any other plugin (I notice it says plugin block) and I assume parameter = Integer = 41 identifies the channel selection parameter but how do you (and does it) know that.

I get this…

Plugin ‘plugin’ not found in rackspace ‘004 Guitar Default AmpBox’
Scripting has been disabled for this rackspace
004 Guitar Default AmpBox (Rackspace) - Plugin ‘plugin’ not found in rackspace ‘004 Guitar Default AmpBox’
Uh oh - GP Script runtime error
Plugin ‘plugin’ not found in rackspace ‘004 Guitar Default AmpBox’
004 Guitar Default AmpBox (Rackspace) - Plugin ‘plugin’ not found in rackspace ‘004 Guitar Default AmpBox’
Uh oh - GP Script runtime error

Thanks in advance for the education.

MM

I guess you have to know the basics of how scripting works to get this running and if you look closely at either mine or @rank13 gig file you can notice what’s needed.

“plugin” is simply the name we gave that plugin block “AmpBox” in the wiring view. If you right-click on it you will see an item called “OSC/GP Script handle”. Take a look at that part.

Widgets (buttons) are also GPScript enabled by going to the advanced tab of a button properlties and appropriately naming the widgets to match the script or changethe script to match the widgets.

The AU version of that plugin does indeed use a different parameter number. You can see which one if you simply open the plugin, then switch the channel in it and look at the top lef corner of that window. GP will show you the parameter name Param #141 in this case or Param #41 in the VST3 edition.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Very helpful. I was aware of the scripting in the widget but not in the wiring view. I think I can take it from here! Thanks so much!!

1 Like

@djogon my question was about optimal multi-threading management that is required and if GP could be affected by this.

Worked perfectly @djogon . They should have stayed with finite values vs.3333333333333 etc

I don’t even know what that actually means (NB I know what the words mean but the phrase “optimal multi-threading management” as a concept is extremely vague)

2 Likes

Indeed it doesn’t seem to be very clear.
On the other hand, what is clear is to try and compare in GP the latency of the 2 plugins I mentioned. Hoping that it is the same one which has the best sound and the best latency, in case of differences :wink:

Sounds to my ears like pure marketing babble.