Amazing Gig Performer - Wish I would have found this a long time ago!

What can I say about Gig Performer that hasn’t already been said. This product has changed the way that I got into performances. I am able to control multiple instruments with one device and have multiple plugins running and ready to layer if I choose. I am not even touching my cpu usage as Gig Performer is optimized to run efficiently. You have gained a customer forever and I am happy to say that I don’t have to use Mainstage ever again.

8 Likes

I forgot to mention the gear.

• Arturia Keylab MK2 61
  • Nektar Panorama P6
  • Yamaha S90 (Controller) w/ Behringer X-Touch Mini
  • Macbook Pro (2012) w/ I7 16 GB Ram - (Controlling the Arturia & Nektar)
  • Macbook Pro (2020) w/ M1 16 GB Ram - (Controlling S90 / Behringer)

Gig Performer has particularly given new life to my Macbook Pro 2012 due to it’s optimization of CPU resources. I am running 8 plugin instances per controller (16 total) seemlesly.

3 Likes

Here’s to you, Mr. Robinson (humming Simon & Garfunkel song)…

Welcome to GP! Great gear setup. How about a little more detail of how you are using GP? I suspect a forum mod will be on you for a blog post contribution.

Just wondering how you’re getting along with your P6. I had one. Loved the keyboard, but I could never get their proprietary control surface software to work properly in Studio One. When the color display failed, I landfilled it and bought an NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk II.

1 Like

@trobinson1786
Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And hopefully a GP community forum life member. Welcome @trobinson1786. :wink:

Oh, what’s this? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I use GP as my main go to as I took the leap and went full software. Currently, I am able to run 16 different patches from different plugins all through GP ranging from Pianoteq, Keyscapes, Pure Synth/MK Sensations (Gospel Musicians), and a myriad of Kontakt instruments. The part of it that is even sweeter is that I can run this on my 2012 Macbook with 16 GB of RAM off of it’s I7. I can give my new 2020 Macbook a rest and switch them out with a bunch of rackspaces that I’ve created.

I do love the P6. I run Logic and it integrates perfectly. They’ve come a long way with their automation scripts.

2 Likes

LOL I know right. Kinda weird that they condition you to not even look for other other alternatives.

Thanks so much my friend. Glad to be here.

1 Like