Always-quit-without-saving option

Recently I upgraded from version 1.7.1 to version 1.8.4. Unfortunately that version of GigPerformer crashes when performing a Windows shutdown (both on my rack pc when triggering the shutdown via the on/off button, but also on my home pc when doing a normal Windows shutdown). A “Close window” does not cause this issue. The crash wouldn’t be a problem if weren’t for Windows opening a dialog that needs confirmation… Back to square one… If 2.x does not have this issue, I’ll upgrade immediately :slight_smile:

While no GP version should be crashing … ever - I would strongly suggest that you download GP2 and try it out. You can always go back and uninstall/reinstall GP1 if you want to, but in GP2 we have a completely new shutdown routine which may help with your issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Save dialog with countdown timer, and if it runs out quit without saving, would do the trick as well.

M.

Stupid of me. I didn’t think of the fact that I can of course download and try the 2.x trial version for free… I’ll give it a try this weekend, thanks!

Don’t forget that we did implement -nosave command line switch based on this thread. That option is still available. We cannot help you with creating the script/batch files, but the option is there.

Just tried out V2.0.15 and the crash is gone (on my home PC at least). When I receive the upgrade licence from Ilio, I’ll try it out on my rack PC.

Ok, I installed V2.0.15 also on my rack PC.
ROCK SOLID!
Even the (de)initialization issue I incidentally had with my ESI sound cards seems to have been fixed.
Good work guys, this is what I call decent software engineering!

So I could be overlooking something here, but it seems like there’s a simple solution to this. I understand that some people (who?) might consider a rack change to be a “real change.” I wouldn’t be one personally. But even so, if you switch to a different rack and then switch back to the original rack it still prompts you to save. It would make sense to me to at least set the default to not prompt to save if the original rack is selected when you shut down. In that case there is no change whatsoever, and if after a performance you remember to switch back to the original rack first, you’d be fine to shut down.

I know I’ve seen similar things done in some programs, where if you make a change and then undo it, it won’t prompt to save on exit.