All plugins in global rackspace

While you’re waiting for an answer, start by typing “keyboard split” in the search field, and you may find an answer straight away.

[blog] How to create keyboard and velocity splits

[blog] Clever ways to optimize your plugin usage

Variations are the approach we used for this kind of thing - it’s more flexible.
You should not try to impose the MainStage approach to Gig Performer, the latter has a completely different design paradigm/philosophy.

Are you using local rackspaces for anything?

This is completely documented in the user manual
Specifically on this page,

I understand how to split the keyboard in rackspace, but the way it is shown in the post using routine settings from rackspace to global rackspace is not clear to me.

I don’t have time to wait to loading between the songs. :slight_smile:

When you are following a setlist then there is no loading time.

I had the same issue.
I think I don’t use predictive loading because of the waiting times when to move from a song 10 songs further in the set list. Maybe the song selector of Dave Boulden would have prevented this issue, but I created this solution before.

Note however, that for my solution patch persist does NOT work.

What does work:

• Loading the entire gig file in about 90 seconds (with a reasonably old laptop and external SSD). It contains about 100 songs and since only one song is loaded (using loading presets) I could also add 1,000 songs.
  • RAM is greatly reduced.

Since I’m using a text file containing my songs which is loaded by the script, I have some other advantages:

• I can use it to print out set lists (not done yet; no need for yet)
  • It contains the settings of the DMX light controller.
  • Something I want to add is to add the length of the song, so I see the total length of the set list (per set), and if we are behind or ahead schedule.
2 Likes

How to automatically bypass plugins that are not used in a particular preset in global rackspace when changing next songs in local rackspace?

Include a widget for every plugin you want to bypass in the global rackspace and link that global widgets to widgets in the local rackspace.

1 Like

@RosDimitrov,
either use the mentioned approach from @pianopaul above:
Advantage: no scripting involved
Challenge: need to do changes to each rackspace

Another possibility is this:
Advantage: work needed only for rackspaces that involve global plugins
Challenge: a little one-time scripting involved

Or the Auto Bypass Scriptlet:
Advantage: automatically unbypasses plugins based on their use
Challenge: needs MIDI

3 Likes