AIRSTEP Disconnecting

Has anyone had the issue with the AIRSTEP randomly disconnecting from a MacBook? The MacBook is new it works great until the random disconnection then you have to manually reconnect.

Have you asked this question on the AIRSTEP forums?

Yes, silence so far…

Any opportunity to test another good quality cable? :face_with_monocle:

It is connected thru Bluetooth not a cable.

It’s just a shot in the dark, but maybe these dropouts are caused by interferences from a near USB3 port.
for example:

I actually had a similar issue with a wireless keyboard/mouse combination which suffered from erratic dropouts, lags and hangs…
From the day i used an extension cable (to gain some distance) and an older USB2 hub to plug the little receiver into, all the problems were gone.
This is at least something which can be easily tested with no bigger efforts…
Good luck with that!
Erik

1 Like

@schamass I do not use BT at all but I enjoyed reading this very well organised site with its choice of proposals and cases.

In any case, useful information to keep in mind.

1 Like

It’s just the first site of many when i searched for “interferences USB3”… it seems to be a quite common issue.

I know that most “not me” posts are… not helpful… but I thought you would like to know that I have used my AIRSTEP for a couple dozen or so gigs and rehearsals over the past year and have not experienced a single disconnect issue. I almost never use it outside of those scenarios, and it is the only Bluetooth connection to my MBP I have active during that time. It is also likely the only Bluetooth LE kind of device in the vicinity of my laptop in those situations, so interference is perhaps less likely than with your case.

That said, if you have a disconnection scenario such as in your home studio that you think I could replicate, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me for help trying to recreate it.

2 Likes