Advice Handling Syntronik Saved State Issues

I lost all my saved states in Syntronik on multiple rackspaces. (IK is not so strong in bug fixing or avoiding bugs in the first place.)

I think this is more likely to happen if I do not use those rackspaces for a while. Maybe it happens as a result of a Windows update? Maybe I am wrong, but I feel comfortable if I go through them within a few days beforehand, this won’t happen at a gig.

I think its a bit quicker to find the sound (or maybe a similar one) on Syntronik than replace it with V Collection. So, that is what I am doing. But going forward, I am going to lean heavily toward use of V Collection, which also has the benefit of using less ram.

So, I am spending a few hours going back and finding them (or maybe replacing them if I find a sound that works). I wish I had at least written down the name of the presets, which I usually only tweak moderately.

So, now I AM writing down the name of each preset in case this happens.

It is probably also a good idea to save the preset, since Syntronik seems to have a glitches in returning to its “saved state”.

So, any thought (pros and cons) of saving the preset in Syntronik versus as a preset in GP. (I was inclined to do the former, but figured I would throw this out there).

Thanks!

Jeff

So GP User presets capture the state of a plugin and as long as an update of a plugin can handle loading the state from a previous version of that plugin, there’s no issue. But we have no control over that so if a newer version of a plugin can’t handle older state, all bets are off.

Now, in principle, if a plugin has its own preset management, then the plugin should be able to handle loading a preset from an older version but obviously that also assumes that the plugin was properly developed to support that. Again, we have no control over that.

1 Like

Thanks, David.

I don’t even think there was any change in the version of the plugin (Syntronik 2). I have no idea why it stopped loading in the saved states (I have no doubt it is not a bug with GP).

I guess the primary backup should be saving the preset within Syntronik itself because eliminates the issue of loading in a saved stated.

If I wanted to go even further, I suppose I could do both. (Along with having notes of the name of each Syntronik preset).

Jeff