Ableton link question

hi our band is using ableton for tracks and I want to be able to have gig performer change ableton to the right scene in ableton session mode, for eg I have a track for uptown funk in ableton and a rackspace named uptown funk with my patch to play along side of the track is there a way to get gp to pc ableton or something along those lines or do I have to manually change to the right scene in ableton each song.

I do that with scripting in Gig Performer to snd some OSC messages to Ableton and in Ableton a max patch reacts on that OSC messages.

damn scripting it seems you need it for almost everything I want to acheive:sweat_smile:

Not only scripting, in Ableton Live you need a M4L patch.

Maybe that helps to do that without scripting and M4L

thanks for that pianopaul. would it be easier to go the other way and get ableton to control gp

That I did in the past, but I had to use again a M4L patch to generate PC messages when a scene is selected.
But I just did this:
Include a Midi Out Block (for example IAC Bus 2 when you are on Mac, or similar on Windows)
Create a Widget and assign it to this Midi Out Block and map CC 14 (for example)
Now in Ableton Live go to this: Optionen => Midi Zuweisung bearbeiten (sorry this is German)
Then select the corresponding icon in Ableton Live and move your widget in Gig Performer.
This works fine: But the values sent from Gig Performer are scaled.
So the last scene reacts on 64-127 when there are only 2 scenes.
When there are more scenes you have more buckets.
It is not possible to use a concrete value and this always stays whatever count of scenes you have.
When you can deal with that , it is ok.

1 Like

Thanks im on windows so it is prob more tricky but will try look at this

Which Version of
Ableton Live Are you using?

Is M4L included?

I could send you the M4L Patch and the Script if you want

I believe so im new to ableton so i never really looked as have not needed it

Its ableton suite

Ok in Suite M4L is included.
You should Update to 10.1

Yes i have to update but we sometimes use the session file on another computer which is 10.06 and the owner doesnt want to update yet

Ok, do you want the M4L Patch and the Script?

Yes please that would be great i then just have to work out the iac bit on win. Thanks

Here you go :slight_smile:

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

Cheers