? 6x LED in a row, on-off. only one active / i fail

Heya,

i repeatedly fail at this small, but usefull task. time to ask.
i control a 6x plugin switch ( bypass the plugin / which works !). ( i use knobs)
And want to show me the on-off status of these plugin bypass-switches by using LED widgets.

i control everything with one Fader ( grouped)
i created all the necessary value programming, using the curvature feature.
the plugins bypass switch, on-off, works.
the LEDs do not behave as thought ( i run into this every now and then again )
i tryed the LED widgets grouped, or grouping disabled. Allways same result:
they ALL go on when the fader reaches 50% of its travel.

all in all its a Widget construction of using:

• 1 Fader, grouped, NOT mapped to any plugin. (master widget)
  • 6x knobs, grouped ! mapped to the plugins / bypass ( which works)
  • 6x LED Widgets / i tryed grouped, i tryed ungrouped. (does not behave as intended)

The LEDs kind of just follow the curvature of the group master fader. allways. even if the LED widgets are ungrouped. they all turn on at a 50% travel of the fader

here a curvature screenshot of one of the LEDs “value / curvature”.
i have no clue where my understanding comes short, and i fail.
i´d expected the LED going on when the value is up above 50%, but: only within that range of my “value/curvature” definition. …and otherwise beeing off.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-25 um 17.00.21

You will find a long discussion about curves and button widgets in the forum …

1 Like

It is different what value a button widgets sends and on what values it reacts.

1 Like

I know, but what you want to do won’t work like this with buttons. At some point, when I’m fit and well rested and the devs too, I’ll try to put this issue back on the drawing board because it really concerns me.

A workaround could be to do the same, but replacing the led buttons by knobs that you will hide afterwards (think of them as buttons and adjust the curves as you wanted) . Put your « master » and the knobs in the same group. Add one led button per plugin, but don’t change their curves and map them to the bypass parameters too, BUT DON’T PUT THEM IN A GROUP.

Tell me if it works for you or post your gig file.

1 Like

I didn’t see that you did it, that’s the right way.

1 Like

Ungrouped and without modifying the curve (evtl. Just reversed)

1 Like

yup, i allways do it this way.
I forgot to mention: i´m still on GP 4.1.5

i don´t get your message…

problem is:
its 6 LEDs, only one should lit at a time, while i move my Fader.

yeah, its really just that the LED gives me a visual feedback, while having the frontrack open.

If you have only one plugin enabled at a time, you should only have one LED lighting at a time.

The LED button should not be in a group, no particular curve has to be used (apart that you can reverse it).

Do you still experience an issue ?

1 Like

hmm, i still don´t understand how i can achive this ?

i´m free to experiment. Right now, the knobs which are doing the plugin mute are grouped,
while the LEDs are not.

i mean, i can live without the LEDs.
My intention here was, to learn to deal with the LEDs :wink:

Then post your gig file.

Again you won’t be able to do it with the LED, the LED will only display the plugin state, that’s it.

@Funky40 this might be an example of where using GPScript will be the best solution.

If I understand the setup it sounds similar to mine where I use LED button widgets as “radio” buttons to select a particular plugin and bypass all the others in a rackspace.
Unfortunately, Gig Performer does not have out of the box radio buttons but you can implement them using GP scripting. There are example rackspaces in the GP scripting forum.

1 Like

i begin to get an idea.
but i don´t grasp how an LED is “coupled” to a plugin. (but wait…)

in my case, i have 6 plugins i switch on and off ( by turning one knob)
yes, the 6 leds do only have to show the state, one LED per plugin.

but seeing ranks post here, it seems, its not so simple, as it just begun to sound. :wink:

no pasa nada. the LED thing is not so important. the music aspect of my patch finally works.
I think i´ll go with the following workaround, a thought that just right now - coming back to my computer- strived me:

i take a big knob as a dummy, and i will create/place with the text fields some single dots around it, exactly marking the positions where the settings do shift.

i´ll go and have a look. but overall, i personally try to avoid using scripts.

This has also to do, since i have some professionally “for me” made scripts, which i never know when i want to apply these to a “patch”. Things can turn out then quite rapidly very confusing, since i work based on the habit to ever and ever double rackspaces again, but would rework the patches later on from there. A work that can go over weeks or months.
This has allready caused some headache. even if the script is showing me the issue in the command lines,…point are then the widgets. ( for example when i deleted one that is mentioned in the script).
my actual patch ( vs. my LED request here) has for example 129 widgets inclouded in the frontracks, plus the unused ones…:wink:

Thanks for the help everybody !

OK, no scripting, less bla bla, more action:

less_bla-bla.gig (103.4 KB)

less_bla_bla

6 Likes

Wow, Great ! interesting !

i finally just found the time to look at it.
And adapted my patch (on the quick) accordingly. Seems to work fine.
( no time to make music right now)
Ok, i understand now the concept behind it.

• just map the LED to the same plugin and same parameter ( bypass), but NOT map it to anything other
    thus the maping works more like a “couple it to…” kind of thing.

Thank you very much ! much appreciated