5 Days In and WOW! - Questions and Best Practices

I’m a MIDI guitar player using a Fractal Axe FX, and GR55 and looking for a more portable solution for certain gigs. Looking at this program and working with it (using MIDI Guitar 2 which I still can’t believe works as well as it does) I can see it potentially becoming a permanent solution. It really is fantastic.

The people on the forum have been incredibly helpful (THANK YOU) and I’ve read forum posts and watched some YouTubes (including todays). I’m now to the point where I’ve almost finished my first rackspace and have the following additional questions before replicating it many times over for various sounds)

• I am currently using THU for my Piezo acoustic sound and have it set up in my Global Rackspace as I don’t expect it to change much.I also use Neural DSP Soldano for my Electric but have that in my regular backspace so I can use different presets and potentially different plug ins.

• What do you keyboard players find as your goto for key and synth sounds. I’m currently using Sampletank (great sounds and lousy host automation) and Keyscape… Do you guys have a favorite that alliances sound, integration with Gig Performer and CPU/Memory Usage?

• As for the synth, keyboard I assume these are best set up in the regular rackspace given the sound changes and I further assume that multiple rackspaces with fewer sounds loaded is a better solution than fewer backspaces with all 16 tracks loaded and using midi channels to switch them. What are you keyboard player guys best practices for this? )I’ have read this post and wanted to make sure that still makes sense). Note that my laptop will e an Apple M1 with 16 gig.

Because I’m going the rackspace route, I really want to get this right before replicating it 75 times for the various guitar and synth sound combinations.

Thanks so so much.

MM

1 Like