30-40 seconds load time - Cory Wong plugin

Issue - Archetype Cory Wong 2.0 VST3 takes 30-40 seconds to load in GigPerformer 4.1.5 (Mac OS).

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create new (empty) Gig file
  2. Switch to Wiring view
  3. Add Archetype Cory Wong 2.0 VST3

Expectation - Plugin should load in 3-5 seconds like Archetype Cory Wong 2.0 VST.

Computer - MacBook Pro Retina, Mid-2015, 2.5GHz Quad-Core i7, 16GB RAM, Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

Archetype Cory Wong 2.0 VST3 will load in Ableton Live Lite 11.0.12 and Blue Cat Patchwork 2.51 in 3-5 seconds.

Neural DSP released Archetype Cory Wong 2.0 on 11/25/2021.

Can anybody else reproduce this?

I just tried this. Much to my surprise…1-2 seconds load time. I was curious because earlier today I tried out another rackspace with the plugin. The load time was 30-45 seconds. It couldn’t find my Cory Wong plugin…I guess because of a different folder storage. I replace the plugin with mine and it loaded in 2-3 seconds.

But, just now I tried loading that gigfile again…3 seconds.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

JPT - Was your load time with the Cory Wong 2.0 VST3?

I can confirm the issue on MacOS Mojave. Version 1.0 VST3 would load almost instantly. Version 2.0 VST3 takes about 30 seconds (new insert or duplication).

VST and AU have no delays when loading.

1 Like

Just an idea: is your MBP connected to the internet?

I had similar issues in the past, when certain plugins tried to check licenses/updates etc. in a closed WiFi w/o internet…

As said, just a guess…

BBB

[edit] switching WLAN off can help while starting GP (or any other DAW/host, e.g. Mainstage…) in this case…

Internet is on. No problems with loading the other plugin types (VST or AU). Even when using BlueCat Patchwork as a plugin in GP, then loading Cory Wong VST3 into that → it loads instantly.

What happens if you disconnect from internet?

Permissions issue?

1 Like

No…this was with 1.0. Just now I installed 2.0 and the load time was 30 seconds…with or without internet. Of course without internet the iLok app was complaining about no connection. So, later I’m going to make that activation local.

I can reproduce this problem as well but I have no way to debug it because it’s iLok wrapped.

1 Like

Neural DSP has confirmed they are in touch with GigPerformer team regarding this issue.

2 Likes

For information: On Windows, vst2 and vst3 loaded in 2 seconds with or without web connection.

1 Like

Well they did, but they promptly told me that they don’t officially support Gig Performer!

That is VERY useful information

1 Like

Their mistake!

Hi Kirk,

Monterey 12.0.1, iMac, i7, 64GB RAM. CW 1 - load time around 1 - 2 seconds, CW 2 - same as your, around 30 - 35 seconds.

Sad. For a moment I was happy I updated CW to version 2 :wink:

Best,
Miro