2 Feature Request From a Newbie

My apologies if I have just missed this functionality, but I don’t think I have! Just discovered GP yesterday and after trying it out, immediately bought it to manage my Reason sounds in a live setting so thanks! I’m still getting to know it and the optimal workflow but so far 2 things have come onto my wishlist:

1. First and foremost, my controller only has 2 assignable buttons, so I would LOVE to have the option to step next/prev through song sections AND songs with one control. A global “Next/Prev” that either goes to the next/prev section if there is one, or if there’s not, goes to the next/prev song.

2. Color customization of the interface!

Minor things, but overall I’m really digging it! Thanks!

Hi @Nos402 welcome to GP!

For (1) there is a global next/prev midi assignments that will work as you describe.
In the Options>Global MIDI, assign your controller to the Next Variation/Song Part (and same for Previous), and then on the ‘Setlist’ options, make sure this option is disabled:

For (2) you have control over the colours of the panels, but not the interface.

1 Like

Ooh Thanks! I’ll check that out!

Hmm, I have mapped my program change up/down to next/prev song part but that doesn’t work. I guess because it automatically sees program change as next song? The program change buttons won’t select next song part, it just goes to next song.

By default, Program Change messages will directly select the rackspace or song e.g. PC 0 = first song.

Can your controller be configured to send Control Change messages instead?

I’m using the program up/down message as it’s easiest, but this will all soon be a moot point as I just ordered a much fancier MIDI controller…lol.

If not, a gigscript could be used to convert them. But it’s better if controllers send CC messages if possible

1 Like

I initially got this controller because I knew I would only be using it in my studio and didn’t really need any parameter control on the KB itself as I never used that stuff so it’s incredibly rudimentary in that regard. Now transitioning to using plugins for live gigs with a MIDI controller, suddenly my needs have changed so I ordered a new controller with tons of knobs, sliders, and pads for more options!

3 Likes

Hi @Nos402 and welcome to this GP cpmmunity forum. I recently experienced a similar issue on an older keyboard controller. So, in the meantime you could use this Scriptlet :wink::

2 Likes