Wishing for an Alternative to ChordPro for Text Lyrics!

Not sure of the complexity of a complete solution. But at least the ability to use a web/html viewer is possible.

gp-selector-webview

2 Likes

That’s pretty fantastic… it looks like that would complete the solution.

I am finding that formatting text in HTML is less than fun compared to ChordPro (although that can be tedious as well). Espechally tedious if I want to display only chords for some songs and chords over lyrics for others. Your CSS works a treat and is fine tunable but for most songs I only need chords and I need to use word-spacing to make the chords readable.

I’m also finding that the available CP to HTML conversion tools online add loads of code that isn’t useful, so there is not a great automated way to convert my library. I’m coppying your “One” example and changing that document for best results.

I think this extention idea solves a lot of the legibitly issues and provides a dark-mode interface for lyrics/chords. If there was a way to make it work with ChordPro and it’s directives or some easy converstion tool (like css recognizing [Em] brackets as chord signifiers vs. Em … it would be easy to adopt.