VST3 Presets

I appreciate the suggestions! I wish I could use global for some of the sounds, but everything is mostly layered. I think my main thing is I need to strategize the whole tune, instead of programming as I go.

I suspect as you get further into additional songs, you will be able to reuse the instruments you already set up. You should definitely not need to add new rackspaces at your current rate.

1 Like

You just reminded me that I can assign racks to songs on the setlist. Hah! I’ve been so stuck on the rackspace page that I forgot about that.

Oh, yes, I would definitely use set list mode. I would think it is perfect (maybe indispensable) for handling keyboards in a musical.

Maybe you can resample the patches and use them in a sampler like Kontakt and spread it over your keyboard.

2 Likes

Interesting, that’s a great idea. My wheelhouse is acoustic piano, so a lot of these keyboard tricks are new to me. That would work well for a lot of the single lines – definitely going to looking it.

Other clever ideas: [blog] Clever ways to optimize your plugin usage

3 Likes

I’m searching for a long time on how to use GP as an arranger keyboard meaning to play recorded intro’s, style’s, fill’ins like any other arranger, do you have experience doing it? do you know any app that actually works? I know of a few out there like “GIGLAND” and “SOFTARRANGER” , but I dont feel confident with it, like how long will it take to load all the sounds, specially when changing to a different sound, any help on this topic would be really helpfull. I sort of gave up, but from what you are writing it seems that it might be possible. Thanks