Using Gigperformer

Hi, I am considdering trying out Gigperformer

Is it possible with Gigperformer to make “patches” like on a regular synth/masterkeyboard

Eg. making 1,2,3 or more sounds from various plugin instruments in layers and splits
eg. String sound from kontakt on the lower keyboard, followed by a Piano + pad sound in the middle and some brass hits in the top

Can this be “saved” to a patch and be recalled via midi prg chng from a “dummy” keyboard that may/may not send on different midi channels in realtime like on a hardware synth ? (considdered that the PC used is able to load the samples in a reasonable time).

I am totally new to Gigperformer, but has used Cubase ever since the Atari ST days, and normal DAW’s is just not able to do this kind of things for live performance without serious overhead in how they use plugins and switching different sound setups fast is difficult.

I primarily want to use it for 1 or 2 “Master keyboards” to avoid buying new hardware synths/romplers when you can just buy a certain eg. Komtakt library that you like, wich is more feasable than buying new hardware synths/workstations that cost a fortune if you want the best. At the time its for for pure live performance with a band … no need for advanced recording or playback abilites. I already have both Cubase and Studio One 3 if we are recording.

Sure. That’s essentially a basic requirement for a product such as ours. You can think of a rackspace as a “patch” although a rackspace has more functionality. In your scenario, you would insert whatever plugins you need for the string, piano+pad (could be two separate plugins) and brass hits and configure them as needed.
Then if you wanted a completely different set of sounds, you would create another rackspace and add whatever plugins you need there.

Rackspaces (more accurately, rackspace variations) can be associated with MIDI Program Changes (multiple banks are also supported) so you can send a program change from somewhere else to switch to the set of sounds you need.

You might want to visit our main support page and download the comprehensive user guide (PDF format) where the above is described in detail.