UAD Console Recall Plugin crashes Gig Performer 4

This is the answer I got today from Universal Audio:
(I am still looking for a way to continue to use the Recall Plugin. Right now I have to restart my computer everytime I open a Gig File with the Recall Plugin in it.)

Thank you for contacting Universal Audio Customer Support; I hope you are safe and well!

Reading your description sounds like an incompatibility issue with Gig performer and the Console Recall plug-in.

Gigperformer is not a qualified application nor has it been tried or tested to function seamlessly without UAD Software.

Joachim, the unfortunate reality on this occasion is that our software teams will not investigate this issue until we hear from a more extensive cross-section of customers having similar problems with this Application.

I will certainly pass this on to the relevant teams, but to reiterate, due to Gig Performer being unsupported, it’s doubtful this issue will be investigated further by Universal Audio.

Sounds like pure ignorance.

1 Like

So Universal Audio doesn’t care at all about Gig Performer. Sad, but true. I just wonder why still all their Plugins run fine in Gig Performer and only the Recall Plugin is such a bad boy.
Is there nothing else I can do to make it work?
To be honest. I want to stay with Gig Performer in native mode because going back to Rosetta seems to have to much potential to get into other problems.

GP is very good at discovering issues early as it exercises much more of the plugin SDK than many other plugin hosts out there.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking this seriously and writing a tech note. The problem remains unsolved. It seems nobody else in this forum has this problem, so I can only pray for a wonder to happen that one day it might work again :wink:

Help yourself and the heaven will help you :grimacing: :innocent:

Workarounds to try will include Blue Cat’s Patchwork. Maybe using this as a wrapper for the UAD plugin will avoid crashes.

After updating to Gig Performer 4.5 the Console Recall Plugin works again :grinning:
I am using the Delayed Option in the Plugin Manager as well. I don’t know if that really can have also a positive effect on this Plugin, but anyway it seems to work. So I have one more reason to thank you for this great update. I also got the impression that complex Gig Files load a little bit faster now…?

1 Like

The Delayed mechanism is a great means to deal with plugins that don’t initialize themselves properly (of course, test your setup very thoroughly).

It can serve you as a “hacklet” to handle broken plugins.