Too much Expression

I took queuing theory as a second year undergrad in college — my first takeaway was that McDonalds and Disney were correct to use a single queue with multiple servers, thereby reducing the average waiting time.

My second takeaway was, if you think statistics is bad, try queuing theory!

Yukky stuff.

Once in a while the sliders on my Novation Impulse will change value whenever I move my expression pedal. I discovered that if I exercise them vigorously, back and forth, it will cure that interference for a few months. I got in the habit of taking a few seconds to slide them back and forth before every gig.

I know this, but I think it is a bit different for a MIDI accordion bellows, as there is probably always a small breath which is probably continuously measured by some sensors and converted as a CC#11 message. The MIDI accordion should have an option to reduce the CC#11 rate, but it seems it is not the case.

1 Like

Oops, Ha ha, sorry, I read something about a Moog pedal and failed to notice that it wasn’t Phil’s comment.
I need to pay closer attention! :slight_smile:

But your advice can perhaps be applied to accordion bellows too. Looks at the “bellows shake” technique :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is only possible because of my script …

David, I took the Queuing Theory class in 1967 at IBM’s System Science Institute which was venued at the United Nations Building in New York City. I remember it well. Our professor was Dr. Rudy Rechtshoffen. I remember him well because he wore a size 16 shoe. He didn’t use the McDonalds scenario however, instead he talked about how to staff the number of Go Go Girls necessary to handle an vacilating inter-arrival time of customers. I still remember the formula: “Row = Lambda . Ets” … I still have the bronze pin that displays this formula which they gave each of us for graduating the class LOL!

1 Like

@Phil - I often use the Eigenharp Pico for any kind of wind instrument and the effect is the same. On top of the CC11 that it sends continuously as you play - it also, almost continuously, sends the mod wheel and pitch wheel messages because it’s buttons are 3D movable. This results in a LOT of MIDI data.

Your plugin should not be crashing because of this. Which accordion plugin are you using?

My problem is that I use a bunch of plugins simultaneously. EG: Omnisphere, Kontakt running “Broadway Big Band” and East West Choirs, Ivory, and multiple SWAM.plugins. I know, I know … I am probably over doing it LOL!

The difference between growing up in NYC vs other places :slight_smile: