Sync issues when multirack recording inputs?

What are your audio interface settings. US 20x20 is a fine interface and GP was tested well directly with it.

Are you playing through that same GP instance or just recording?

There has to be something else going on. What version of GP are you running? On what platform?

Hi,

thanks for the replies,

Iā€™m running the latest version of GP, on Win10
also the latest US20x20 driver with an updated firmware

in this latest recording I just launched GP, completely empty rackspace and just pressed record on the inputs

cheers,
Blossi

Sorryā€¦.canā€™t assume that people necessarily know which version is the latestā€¦.we have had customers report they were using the ā€œlatestā€ when they were in fact running really old versions and unaware that there was anything newer.

What is the actual version number of GP? And is it from Deskew or from PA?

2 Likes

GP4, from Deskew, about 1-2 months ago
(sorry, not near the actual computer in question so I canā€™t check the actual version or build number)

cheers,
Blossi

Can you post a screen shot of your audio settings (in Gig Performer Options)?

Iā€™ll do so next time Iā€™m there (this was at our rehearsal space).

Just wondering ā€¦ trying to figure out what is causing this and why this seems to be different when using GP than e.g. Pro Tools or Waves Tracks;

Iā€™ve had a multitrack recording stop unexpectedly in Pro Tools - but I think the reason has been that the recording drive was almost full so it was a disk allocation problem. I have also encountered the odd dropout, like a glitch or a spike on individual or all tracks - so maybe there is something not 100% stable with this interface.

However when this has happened, i.e. glitches, the multitrack-files have still maintained their individual sync, and where all the exact same length (which is not what was the case with those GP recordings).

Is it possible that if thereā€™s a buffer overrun or something in the audio pipe prior to the recording interface that GP treats the incoming data differently (e.g. skips it) that say Pro Tools would do (which registers the glitch in the audio file but doesnā€™t skip anything) - and this is why the audio file lengths are the same in Pro Tools but could be different in GP?

cheers,
Blossi

No - we have lots of people using this feature ā€” have not heard of any issues ā€” I wonder if you have some real-time AV monitoring software thatā€™s getting in the way?