[Solved] Multi-timbral program change message

@simon I’m hoping the song/song parts dhj has discussed will be my answer, but I sincerely appreciate your help and instruction. I have to admit that it makes my head spin… multiple instances, script :slight_smile: but good to know I can go that route if need be.

@dhj This is great news, thank you! I will study the manual on this.

Don’t know what this means however…

I say racks meaning rackspaces. ???

Basically you can call each song part position (so part x.1, x.2, …, x.24.) by a custom MIDI message, defined in the preferences. I wasn’t even aware of that :upside_down_face:

(picture from the manual)

1 Like

I was trying to be vaguely humorous. I assumed that the term “rack” was from Forte and of course Gig Performer has rackspaces, not racks :wink:

ok, I understand now, racks are not rackspaces: :slight_smile:

But I’m not sure I understand if the Song/Song Part thing is going to work.

If this were the case it would indeed work perfectly, I think. But according to the manual, Songs can only be selected manually or by previous/next MIDI command. Am I misunderstanding something?

Assign the program change to the first part of the song

ok, going by your example, I send PC11, which I have assigned to 1st part of 1st Song…now any PC from 1-10 will address only song parts in Song 1. Then I send PC12, which I have assigned to first part of Song 2… now PCs 1-10 will go to only song parts in Song 2? Do I have that correct?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct

1 Like

FANTASTIC! I am so excited

Did you try it?

sorry, can’t get to that till this evening

I just wanted to report that this works wonderfully for me!!! I waited until I had some real time to devote to trying it out but it turned out to be very simple process.

3 Likes

Glad to know you have it working the way you need.

haha, well, working in a way that is now “approved” and supported by GP.

I’ve really struggled with Windows loading time ever since I first started using GP over a year ago. I’m intrigued about the new update that will reduce the load time. When can we expect to see the update?

Hopefully it will be out in the next week or two, barring any showstoppers.