Sampling rate for live gigs

Yeah i have a custom pc in a 2u rack that i use for live use with a surface laptop as a remote only for the screen rather than a monitor. I need the power as i have use alot of plugins like ivory 2 and omnisphere etc. Some racks use 6 or 7 plugins at once but no probs. My mates use i9 mac book pros and this has more power and a 1/4 of the price. I built this pc myself, i came from muse receptors before this so the concept of 2u rack computer made alot of sense to me.

Surface is remote only, not doing any processing

Wow — very cool — would you be game to write up what you’ve done in the “Stories from the Trenches” section of this site — I think a lot of people would be very interested in this.

Yeah no problem i try do in it in the next few days

2 Likes

Done up a little story for anyone thats interested in the stories from the trenches section with some specs on rig

Sweet setup OnKeys.Hows the Surface hooked up to the computer.

Just read your write up on the setup Thanks for that…But could you go into a little more detail on how the Surface is setup.Sorry newb here…

If you use windows remote desktop you set up your 2 computers ip address and use a ethernet crossover cable (not standard ethernet cable) you need to be using windows 10 pro edition for remote desktop to work properly. You can also connect wireless over network but i prefer the first method for gigging.

You should also be able to use a standard ethernet cable too, because almost all modern ethernet cards are able to cross the connection automatically when necessary. Even, if you have only one modern ethernet card for connecting two computers, you can use any kind of ethernet cable, which is very cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Really i will try it now and see

You are correct my bad. The reason i thought you needed a specific crossover cable was because the receptor had to use this to do it. Cheers mate :wink:

1 Like

Great info Thanks…