Recommended Live Audio Interfaces

That is for sure, but the Ui24R is 70% more expensive… And for that same reason I own a Steinberg UR22 and not a RME :grimacing:

Heyyy! Have one and love it! Was considering saying something;
As so many things, this is highly a personal choice and the end use, but all cards are on the table, spec wise and you get what you payed for (although with the UI24R you get a lot!!!)

1 Like

Yes, 409€ vs 706€, ie 297€ more, but that’s a quite central device for a band while some plugins we use are more expensive.(e.g. 339€ for Keyscape :grimacing:)

1 Like

I asked this question (of quality of audio interface) for plugins and keyboard stuff to the studio guy.
He told me that since it is line stuff, you don’t need the best quality.
Of course it’s better, but if you only use Line input/outputs, and use it live, a Focusrite is good, as soon as it is powered on (I mean with a power supply).
The most important thing being it has to be stable.
The whole week I had my recording I had no issues so that’s a good sign !
The only thing I dislike for now (I have the Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen) is that it is heavy and take a lot of space.

I think the best combo if you have money would be :
• one rme baby face if you only need 2 inputs.
+
•if you need mics preamp, the Apogee elements wich has the best sound quality with no distractions around.

And there is one question I’m asking, can you pair an RME with an Apogee ?

Ahaha I’m not an expert but I think the sound enginer might have been right.

What do you think ?

I think the micstasy mic preamps used by RME have nothing to envy to Apogee

What do you mean exactly? On Mac it seems you can easily aggregate several audio interfaces.

1 Like

If you don’t need mic I puts I highly recommend the KeyLargo or if budget permit the new version KL8 from Radial. It has both monitor and main outputs with active built in Radial (DI). And multiple controls for hardware and computer volumes. The KL8 I believe has a more me type input also. ,KeyLargo is built like a tank Sounds great and has never let me down

Very interesting, but it is too bad it has no headphones output… And the sustain footswitch forces to use it on the floor, therefore you can no longer access to the knobs.

The RME Babyface Pro has an optical input so, 2, 4, or, 8 channels can be added depending on the sample rate. I use a Focusrite Octopre into the RME Babyface Pro optical input. Works great!

1 Like