Recommended interfaces in 2023?

Thanks for this recommendation. I googled it and the only model I could find doesn’t appear to have enough inputs and outputs for my needs.

I’m thinking I’ll go with the Focusrite, if for no other reason that that it seems to have a lot of community uptake (both within GP and in the broader world) which might make troubleshooting easier when the time comes. (Thanks, community! :slight_smile: )

Yes, it is a small inexpensive one. May not work for most. But, it works for my needs. I keep it on my bottom keyboard and use it as a master volume for everything coming out of GP.

Big RME fan here too, so much so that I just became an endorser. Pristine sound, flexibility and durability. I know dhj is a fan as well.

1 Like

When you read the advice of RME audio interface owners, you sometimes get the impression that they’ve been intoxicated by the brand they blindly and unalterably support. A sort of misplaced pride, which sets them above the lot of users of other brands of audio interface.
Looking at my own example, I bought an RME UCX almost 10 years ago. At the time, it was one of the only interfaces to properly support the USB 3.0 ports on my NUC PC. I put it through a double-blind competition to reproduce the sound of my VST piano and finally couldn’t bring myself not to buy it. I really hadn’t planned to pay so much.
I’m still using it, never a driver problem, never a problem at all. With GP, I control it completely via OSC in Global Rackspace, either with a control surface in concert, or with a touch screen in rehearsal. My needs have changed over time, and I’ve added an ADAT device with 8 additional inputs/outputs. I’m now getting ready to run the whole band’s mix through it for smaller venues.
So if I had to give one piece of advice concerning an audio interface that stands the test of time without failing, gets the job done without a hitch, keeps up with your growing needs and of course has great latency and top sound, I’d probably also praise… RME!

6 Likes