Realtime Pitch Shifting Transposer plugin?

Curious if someone has used a realtime pitch shifting VST processor to transpose the audio up or down (mostly down) to accommodate a singer “having a bad day” every now & then? I know there are now half decent guitar stomp pedal that do this.

For example, I have a single 88 key controller and a rackpace for “Owner Of A Lonely Heart” with many many Midi In blocks triggering many oneshot samples spread across the keys - lots triggered by a single note midi-in block. Took hours and days to lay out - I was trying to see if I can avoid using Variations in many of my racks - a ridiculous notion, which I’ve since abandoned :slight_smile: If I transpose gobally, 90% of my layout will be unuseable.

I have a bunch of pitch shifters from waves, Izotope, soundtoys you name it, but none are high enough quality in stereo or have low enough latency. Even for now, I wouldn’t care about quality, just need something the singer can test to.

Cheers,
Rob

Pitch Proof? [Gig] Panel for Pitchproof - detune and power chords

Did someone say, “Owner of a Lonely Heart?!?!”

2 Likes

Real time pitch shift does not exist. All pitch shifters needs some buffering to analyze and transpose, the bigger the buffering the longest will take to do the job but also rhe higher the quality. For vocals and tracks i can not really recommend any cause im guitar player, but for guitar, and in my opinion, the best one is the poly whammy in helix native by line 6.

This one beats it, and is the closest to real time I’ve found that can handle more than one note.

:slight_smile: bsolute desert Island album for me… 37 years later, I still occasionally hear new things that I never noticed before :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Gave that a shot today, but couldn’t get it to work in GP, think because Mac OS (12.5) couldn’t recognize it as coming from a ‘legit’ developer. I remember that there’s a way around that, but didn’t have time to try that. Anyone have luck with it? (on Mac?)

Great job, Joey, btw!!

1 Like

I tried kuassa and no way it beats helix. In kuassa you don’t have to much control over buffer/quality. In kuassa I heard some artifacts. Helix has also the polyphonic shifting but you need to use the specific “poly” effect cause there are some legacies that are monophonic and not that good

Great job Joey. Wish my band could do that. All of my vocalists claim they would need to put a capo in an unmentionable place to be able to sing it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

SOLD! This fit the bill… cheap enough - $25 - and not terrible :). 0 samples latency, low CPU. I’m never gonna use it “dynamically”, just knocking down a semitone or two. Perfect for quick n dirty emergencies at the Gig. THANKS!

1 Like