Pedal-Off Message

Understood - you’ll find that most of the users here are gigging musicians and although some of us have more plugins than we know what to do with (sigh), when it comes to actual performance, many have a trusted few that they stick to.

I encourage you strongly to just ask questions about what plugins make sense for your particular needs (tell us what you’re wanting to do) and you’ll get lots of good advice.

I don’t know if you also have Arturia VCollection 6, but their PianoV version 2 is a HUGE improvement over version 1. If you already have it, I would reccomend giving it a chance as well. It is completely modeled, no samples involved.

I also use Sampletank for a few things, but I’m still using version 3 and loading a significant amount of sample library from version 2 expansion packs. They are relatively small samples and don’t eat much from a resource standpoint.

X

@almuzura
Pianoteq:

Did you experiment with the microphone settings?
This makes a huge difference.

And in the Pianoteq forum you find tons of presets.

Hello everybody, sorry for the late reply but, as a new user, I had reached the maximum number of posts allowed in one day so I couldn’t reply straight away.

I have tried Arturia’s PianoV. I didn’t enjoy playing it and I would rather choose Pianoteq.
Regarding SampleTank, I own the full version 3 and the SE version 4. Huge samples. I will have to use the ECO version of certain sounds when available.

On the paper, I am a supporter of the physical models rather than samples (I consider the latter a more “primitive” technology). My compromise is to use lightweight samples.

My original question has been answered, so thank you everyone, till the next post :wink:

Hi Almuzura, did you try Piano V2 from Arturia - much better than the 1st version.
What also is a good (but still available?) Vst called “TruePianos”
https://www.truepianos.com/

Hmm, I’ll have to take a look at those settings and ask on the discourse forums…we just use the defaults but I’m not sure what is the thinking behind limiting the number of posts of someone just because they’re new.

Edit: I just read about the reasoning for these limitations here.