Noobie Connection Question 2022

One answer, but probably not the best one, if you want to benefit from the MIDI routing flexibility of GP within this Rig. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yes, MattA

This is my current setup until I figure out how to trigger the Integra from GP.

Thanks for the response.

You bet, David-san, I can’t wait to get everything controlled through GP. My goal is to have GP triggger the Integra along with any VSTs I may be using for a particular song. I’m still learning.

Quick question though: If controlled by GP, will the actual sound still come out of Integra’s balanced XLR outputs, or does it have have to connect via GP’s audio out? I’d really like to keep the balanced XLRs as the output audio source for the Integra.

Thanks, as always

I think schamass already answered my question about the Integra audio. Since it’s only getting MIDI commands from GP, it’s no different that receiving those MIDI commands from the Sipario.

Yes, that said, there can be benefits to routing the audio output of your Integra back into Gig Performer so that you can leverage VST plugin effects and also to mix it with your other VST synths to send out through the audio interface that GP is using.

1 Like

As @dhj already stated, there wil be some benefits using GP to not only manage the MIDI signals but also for routing and adjusting the diffrent audio lines/levels (Kawai, Integra, VSTs/plugins)!
As far as i read, the Kawai doesn’t use symmetrical outputs and your Focusrite interface does have symmetrical outputs but only inputs 1&2 are symmetrical too… but this would fit to your instruments!
Connect the Kawai to the unsymmetrical inputs 3&4 and the Integra to the symmetrical imputs 1&2, then you can connect the (symmetrical) outputs of the Focusrite to your mixer/amp.
That’s what i would do in your place.
Have a look at this connection scheme of an example-rackspace, where the keyboard of the KAWAI would send MIDI-signals to all devices (KAWAI, INTEGRA and PLUGIN), and where the audio lines of the hardware devices would be fed into your audio interface as described above and then alltogether connected to an internal 8ch mixer plugin (of which you could “grab” every parameter like volume, level, mute… with widgets on your rackspace panel and use them for variations as well.
Did i already mention that there will be endless possibilities? :sunglasses: :wink: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, schamass, I never thought of routing the audio through the Focusrite. I’ll give that a try tonight.
Thanks again, and for the connection scheme screenshot.

Yes, you did mention the endless possibilities, and I’m beginning to see just how endless they really are
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree…was thinking he wanted to keep the Sipario in the mix!

1 Like