No Audio but I can hear the metronome

That doesn’t matter - use the Rig Manager (please see documentation, it’s described in detail) to map the specific devices to aliases and then if need be, use Midi In Blocks with most channels blocked.

I will read this carefully.

So, I currently have the CTK-7200 and PX350 set up as I want (and they are associated with the midi input blocks I want).

If they end up being switched (due to a quirk with how the Casios are designed), in the Rig Manager I would just double click on the the rig and touch a key on the synth it is supposed to be associated with in order to “re-learn” the proper device.

So, I would basically repeat this process once with the CTK-7200 and once with the PX350.

So, it should take probably less than a minute to get everything back to how it should be.

Does that make sense?

That is precisely the way it works — it’s designed deliberately to be very fast so that this kind of thing can be done at the last minute during sound check should you have a problem with a controller and have to replace it

Perfect. That makes sense.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff

Final update:

I had a gig yesterday. I am pretty comfortable that the two keyboards get swapped based on using different USB ports, either on my laptop and/or the USB hub (I could probably avoid this by being more careful and always using the same ports).

So, I noticed the keyboards were swapped.

No sweat. Went into the Rig Manager and swapped them back in about 30 seconds and went on to a successful gig. Worked perfectly.

4 Likes

Yep - that was the goal - being able to do that reconfiguration at the last moment, even during a sound check.

1 Like