Next/Previous Rackspace double jumps

Again, very new here, probably missing something obvious.

I am having a problem when assigning “Next Rackspace” and “Prev Rackspace” in Global Midi options. Both of these cause the rackspace to move two times, not one. In other words, I can go from 1 to 3 to 5 and back again but I can’t get to 2 or 4 unless I start there.

I’ve assigned the midi controls for Next and Previous Rackspace to both pads and switches and the behavior occurs consistently for both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m happy to document my experiences further if that will help diagnosis.

Regards,

Ezra Herman

Please clear the global midi options and take a look at the global midi monitor what midi messages are sent from your controller.

I have a suspicion about the cause of the problem: Usually pads and buttons send a message when you press them down as well as when you let them go. You can check the behavior using the global MIDI monitor like @pianopaul suggested.
If that turns out to be the problem, Gig Performer offers an easy solution to this: Enable the Momentary checkbox next to your controller assignment assignment for next/prev rackspace in the global MIDI settings:

(Picture taken from the excellent online manual)

2 Likes

Thanks Paul. I’ve done that. Here is a screen shot of what the monitor looks like when I press the buttons I’ve assigned to Next Rackspace and Previous Rackspace in turn

Yes seems that you should do what @simon says.
Did you try?

1 Like

You have to tell GP that the button you’re using is a “momentary” button, so GP will ignore the “release” message that is generated when you take your finger off the button. Otherwise GP sees it at two messages, and moves up (or down) two rack spaces, instead of one.

1 Like

Thanks to Simon and everyone who suggested the ‘Momentary’ button. That did the trick. -Ezra