New User / Converting from Brainspawn Forte

• A “Scene view” with really large fonts for the present and the next upcomming song. With options what items of the view to show, and what not. The setlist view of GP is cluttered with many small details.

• “Hardware profiles” with Midi AND audio bindings.

Anything else is much better in GP than in Forte. Let alone the much smaller latency and jitter of GP compared to Forte at same buffer settings of the audio driver:

I’ve been a hardcore Forte fan, user, active forum member and beta tester for over 16 years. This eventually brought me in contact with Mark Kelly from Marillion, a former Forte user, too, finally meeting him with a backstage pass for some expert talk on Forte during his sound check, before a Marillion gig in Munich, Germany back in 2009:

But this all is history. Forte is dead. It still works on my backup laptop. But the future is GP, as for many former Forte users here in the forum.

It took me a while and a steep learning curve, to adopt to the GP work flow. Some trial and error testing and messing around with features, some RTFM, and much help from the forum.