Multi-instance launch on startup?

Is there a way to launch multiple instances on system startup?

My synth rig currently launches on boot in headless mode. I would like to experiment with a separate instance for vocals, but it is not worth running Remote Desktop to launch it separately as part of system setup.

Mac or Windows?

I have both at my disposal, and would prefer Mac to avoid ASIO single-device driver issues; but I will take advice on either.

In the past I have created applescripts that allow you to launch individual instances from the Mac menubar. But automatically at launch is something I haven’t tried. A bit of experimenting I got it to work:

• This download includes two files: a launch agent (plist) and a shell script (sh).
  • Save the shell script file to your Documents folder somewhere. This is where you’ll list the instance names you want to open.
  • Save the plist file to ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • You will need to edit the plist file to update the path to the shell script (wherever you saved it)
  • Edit the sh file to add in your instance names. I have included two instances, but you can just add more lines (with & at the end) if you have more instances to open.

LaunchGPInstance.zip (749 Bytes)

The instances will launch when you log in.

Because the sh file is marked as an executable, the first time it got launched at startup I got a ‘Give permission to microphone’ message, which is a standard on my MacOS (Mojave). But I only had to do this once.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Hi all, any Windows solution?

Please check this thread: [blog] How to use multiple instances in Gig Performer 4

2 Likes

thanks!