MSuperLooper: momentary widgets to show state of loops

MSuperLooper is on sale this week until the 22nd of August, or so.

$90 (from $120) at MeldaProduction
MSuperLooper at MP

$79.21 at JRR with code: FORUM
MSuperLooper at JRR

Did you ever try Zen Audio ALK2 ?

Hey rank13 and ztones, I’m glad I found this thread, as I was just about to give up on superlooper in GP due to lack of feedback. I’m also not a fan of opening up the plug-in UI, so what you’ve built here is exactly what I was looking for! Any chance you could share the latest script please? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @johan_rohan. I’ll revisit this. I worked through a number of changes with @ztones, and he will be best placed to advise whether he’s found it useful and whether there were any issues.

The script ended up quite complex. The moving progress bars are a bit of a hack, and use up quite a lot of cpu as GP is forced to redraw the UI. So it comes with caveats….

2 Likes

It is most certainly useable, great scripting work, but to tell you the truth, I’ve been in an extremely busy 5pc band for the last year or so, where there is no need for looping and thus i haven’t had the opportunity to play with it lately.

Mine is in the global rackspace and I could decipher which portions belong to the looper script, but to be honest I’m not even sure if I have the absolute latest version of it.

I thought the script was in the scripts category of this forum but i couldn’t find it. Do you have it uploaded anywhere @rank13? If not, I’ll give it a go…

much appreciated the feedback on this one, here.

maybe this scripting work, and the functional outcome could be taken as a basis,
to contact the Melda guy, and start a conversation vs. how he could develop his superlooper into something more useful ?
who knows, maybe the Melda guy would appreciate it ? :wink:

Thanks guys, if either of you have a link to the script I’d greatly appreciate it. I can test it and let you know how I get on! Thanks again

Is this your script? MSuperLooper: momentary widgets to show state of loops - #22 by rank13

I agree that this is a nice candidate for Gig and Rackspace files :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s had a large number of changes since then. I’ll review it this weekend

3 Likes

@rank13 I discovered what may be a bug based on the last version of the posted code.

Under OnParameterValueChanged you have the same following line checking the value of the parameter in order to detect which track and loop is selected respectively.

selected = StringToInt(GetParameterText(MSL,parameterNumber))-1

This will always return a -1 or 0 (for the max value). I have suggestions below to fix.

This works for the track:
selected = Round(StringToDouble(GetParameterText(MSL,parameterNumber))*16)

And this works for the loop:
selected = Round(StringToDouble(GetParameterText(MSL,parameterNumber))*3)

I won’t answer you instead of @rank13, but I just wanted to welcome you to the GP community forum. It’s always nice to have one more GPScripter :wink:

4 Likes

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. i am on the trial version of GP 4.5

I have set up a gig with some widgets using Helix native and Msuperlooper.

I have notice in yuor comment and also by testing that if i want to “monitor” the in and out of the audio, i need to set a virtual mixer.

My question is, why the “meter” widget does not work dinamycally when is link to the audio in and out of the helix and the looper plug in? They are added to the rackspace but the are frozen and do not change at all.

I am super newbie with GP and also with audio world, so i just ask for an educational reason

Thanks

Welcome.
It is because the meter widgets are “special” and designed to be connected to the gain volume parameter of any of our audio mixer plugins, including the simple gain/balance plugins.
Just insert one of those after your audio input and set it to 0dB. Then you will be able use a meter widget with it. Note that you will probably want to be able to adjust your gain anyway so a virtual mixer plugin is useful anyway.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not a coder, although I may get curious and stick my toe in it. But I was wondering what is the status of this? I am fairly new to GP and MSL and would like to use them both live without having MSL open in screen.