Mono vs Polyphonic aftertouch

No, in fact any note that triggers aftertouch has aftertouch control on any other. Think of a how you want to use a unique aftertouch value. You will never have a full poly-aftertouch without per note aftertouch sensors.

Xkey has this :wink: and easy to witch one to the other

this Im refering to the latest @pianopaul script

Var
   MIN : MidiInBlock
   MM  : MidiMessage
   VV  : Integer
   CH  : Integer
   NN  : Integer   
   NA  : Integer[128]
   i   : Integer

on Activate
 For i=0; i<128; i=i+1 Do
  NA[i] = 0
 end 
End

On NoteOnEvent(m : NoteMessage) from MIN
 SendNow(MIN,m)
 CH = GetChannel(m)
 NN = GetNoteNumber(m)
 NA[NN] = 1
End

On NoteOffEvent(m : NoteMessage) from MIN
 SendNow(MIN,m)
 NA[NN] = 0
End

On AfterTouchEvent(m : AfterTouchMessage) from MIN
  for i=0; i<128; i=i+1 Do
if NA[i] == 1 then
 MM = MakeMidiMessage(160 + CH-1, i, GetAfterTouchValue(m))
 SendNow(MIN, MM)
end
  end
End

When you have native poly-aftertouch it is easy to convert it to simple aftertouch, the contrary is not true and I think @pianopaul won’t be able to do much more.

1 Like

@keyman

When uploading a file, please try using a readable format on this forum. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

referring to the video? in post#42?

I suppose, because it seems that we have to download the full video before you can visualize it… and it takes a lot of time :grimacing:

My goal was to convert afterthought to polytouch when a keyboard is used which only supports afterttouch.

Yes it is about your video file.
I have a very unstable internet connection and very low speed. (I live in a small village in the south of France). :unamused:
Here we have the sun but not the technology :grinning:

2 Likes

Ok, won’t happen again; I will use youtube for the videos and not drop them in a hurry straight to the forum :wink:
I’m redoing that post…

Edit: Done ! @Hermon :wink:

Do not worry, I managed to download after 2 tries.

And even not always the sun :disappointed_relieved:

@pianopaul When I compile your script, I get the following error msg:

"Plugin 'MIN' not found in rackspace 'Hydrasynth'

My rackspace essentially looks like this:

Yes, you have to right-click on the block and define a handle for it, call MIN

screenshot_4460

2 Likes

You have to give the MIDI IN block an OSC/GPScript Handle called MIN

1 Like

Since I would like to have this script run on most of my rackspaces; is there a way to make the script global rather than specific to a specific rackspace?

Also, is there a library of user scripts that anyone can access?

So far the expression of your need has led to a tailor-made GPScript. The first thing would be to tell us, especially to @pianopaul, if it works the way you want it to. :wink: Your suggestion is good, what we currently do is indeed to copy in every rackspace the GPScript we need… in every rackspace.

There is no official repository, but you will find many user scripts in this community forum. And if you want to get in touch with the unofficial “great librarian”, maybe @keyman is the name to mention. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My apologies: I thought I had replied that @pianopaul’s script works for me. It is actually quite musical even if not perfect poly-AT. Yay! … and thanks to everyone who got involved. I would hope that this script along with others would be placed in a community vault if @pianopaul would agree. :slight_smile: It is really great that we have talented people on this forum … ultimately making the GP product better and better.

Thank you @pianopaul @keyman @dhj @David-san @Hermon

4 Likes