MIDI Beat Clock - Slave Mode Request

I am using the external clock. With a metronome, against the accented beat of the rhythm. What I meant in my last post is that if I set the tempo in Gig Performer to say 100, and sync start the metronome from the Master, it is in perfect sync for a few measures, then it starts to drift apart. The same issue occurs whether or not I let my clock drive Gig performer as a slave. I believe that’s the reason that Ableton’s Live has a MIDI clock sync delay which allows users to fiddle with; setting the delay in milliseconds. Due to buffer sizes and latency, the timing could drift couldn’t it?

What are you using for a metronome and how do you start them both at the exact same time?

IS your metronome a plugin within the rackspace or is it a separate application?

I am using the metronome on the keyboard (Tyros 4) and “Sync with external clock” in the Rackspace properties. On Addictive Drums 2 in Gig Performer I have Sync/Start enabled. This allows Addictive Drums to start on the MIDI clock Start.

Hey guys… You absolutely rock! The External clock sync is now dead on. I’ve got Addictive Drums 2 and Superior Drummer in perfect sync with the Tyros 4 and Kronos X-88 with Gig Performer handling all the effects as well as additional plugins for orchestral accompaniment. You made it so easy to hook up everything and dial it in. Plug & Play was never this easy in Logic, MainStage, or Ableton Live. No more application bloat! I just setup what I need to perform live with in each rackspace.

I’ve been waiting for something like this to come along for a long, long time!

Thanks again for handling this so quickly. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I’m currently in Las Vegas, and will soon be heading back to the island of Jeju, South Korea where I perform live venues.

Don’t stop doing what you do!

Regards,

Marc

hi guys, i’m new to GP and trying to set my first gig, reading this old post to find solution to similar issue on GP4 windows 10, i just cant set my drum machine (tr-8s) to start/stop my other arp synth (e.g TB-3) even when i made a direct connection between them (from the wiring page) GP seems to respond to the start/stop message but not the synths. i tried this with MIDI-OX and worked just fine.
all i need for now to built my gig is to set the TR-8S to be a master clock and send start/stop message

Hi @gesso2000, welcome to the family :wink:

1 Like