How to protect Macbook 14" at gigs?

I’ve been quite lucky with battery life so far. Always run my bus powered Keylab II 88 and Focusrite 4i4 just fine from MacBook on battery. Seems to last several hours on one charge. I always have a charger with me just in case, but prefer to not be connected to a power outlet I don’t know.

If the gig file loading time is a concern, you could always create separate gigs for each set?

There is no way I would perform live if I only had to rely on the battery. I always have my MacBook connected to my uninterruptible power supply (UPS).

1 Like

I think my laptop would last 10 minutes without power connected.

1 Like

You might be able to purchase a replacement battery from eBay if yours is past its best?

I could look it up, but I think it’s just the nature of the Lenovo laptop with these new Intel chips. Basically I think it’s meant to be plugged in when used, which is fine with me.

I found an app called Twomon SE that does the same thing (streaming my Windows laptop to my iPad) for far less. The computer app is free, the iPad app was the cost of a footlong sub from Subway. Works great over USB

1 Like

That lock looks nice, do you use on Macbook or PC. Looks like it is certified for PC

I recently have a MacBook Pro M2 and it has morE than lasted well during a 3 hour show. But I agree about plugging in

I fly with mine and do as carry on, On stage I use a heavy duty KM stand with laptop tray (think it’s a gator one) Here is my travel case which holds all cables and clothes etc https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/570841-REG/Pelican_1510_006_110_1510LOC_Laptop_Overnight_Case.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&smpm=ba_f2_lar&lsft=BI%3A6879&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh0KlJnQyBU7MFeYs8M1-yS7_&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlN6wBhCcARIsAKZvD5jdagYaygRwmiLCfB7fKmIp7HMs4uap_pdvgLNQsDpAzVanBM_cq04aAtdDEALw_wcB

2 Likes

I use one of these to add a lock slot to my Mac Book. It hasn’t let me down. While not foolproof, it would stop a quick grab.

1 Like