GP and ForScore

Why would you have to wait? Those messages are pretty instant.

I used forScore for many years until recently switching to Mobile Sheets. I had a hybrid approach though. I would use forScore to select the song and Gig Performer would then respond. However, I could then use a couple of buttons on a controller as well as on my MIDI pedal controller) to change pages in forScore as the song progresses. It’s all pretty instantaneous.

I moved to MobileSheets after the developer added a feature that I’ve wanted for years where pitch bend messages can be used to go directly to specific pages in a song (although you can kind do the same thing in forScore it’s much more awkward as you have to create links all over the place) so my approach is

1. Select the song in Mobile Sheets
  2. If the song has multiple song parts, then I’ll step through the parts using a “Next” button on my pedal controller
  3. When I do that, the new song part will send a pitch change message back to MobileSheets to switch to the new page automatically.

For me that hybrid workflow is very effective and MobileSheets was absurdly inexpensive so well worth the switch. Had my first show with this new process a week ago.

3 Likes