Gig Performer controls the RME software mixer TotalMix FX from an Icon Platform M+ motorized control surface

I just got a feedback from the Icon support. This is the 3rd beta firmware and 2nd iMap configuration software they are updating to make their Icon Platform M+ control surface work better with GP. Each time, they sent me an email to tell me that the problem is solved or that they have added a requested feature. Before I bought the control surface, they had also kindly sent me the SysEx messages to display something on the optional display unit. I appreciate all of this!

So if I summarize what they did:

fixed:

• motorized faders react slowly in “user defined mode” when controlled with something else than a pitch bend message (e.g. a CCxx value)
  • endless knob values are not stored internally for absolute coding (relative coding was supposed to be use for knobs)

added new features in “user defined mode”:

• endless knobs can be controlled by any CC value and relative or absolute coding is now selectable (very useful, until the synchronization of the widget knobs works incrementally and can be MIDI synced in GP).
  • touch on faders can now be assigned to any MIDI control message or disabled (is use this to display the current submix of the fader I am touching)
2 Likes